• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Impression: Cuence Y Blanco Lonsdale Club

MarkJr

willing participant in this game we play
This is a one of the releases from IPCPR 2012 that I have been looking forward to since I first heard it was announced. I have since been following it through the pre-release reviews and it has only gotten worse. That being said I thought it would be an appropriate stick for my first review. First I'll start start with the stats.

Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Dominican
Filler Nicarguan and Peruvian
Size: 6.5"x 44
Price: MSRP $8.50

Now that we have that out of the way lets get this show on the road. I Rushed home from my local B&M, grabbed my straight cut and my Prometheus single flame torch and headed to the back porch. Upon inspection the wrapper has a couple slight veins, but a beautiful deep color and a slight sheen due to the oil. When I cut it there was a slightly tight draw, but nothing that would impair my ability to enjoy this stick, and it had a nice sweetness to the cold draw.

Enough of that, lets get to the nuts and bolts here. Upon lighting the first third brought up some great leather and earth. It also hangs tight to the sweetness from the cold draw. At this point the draw stays on the tight side, but the burn is perfect. As I continued through to the second third the sweetness is still present but it takes a little bit of a back seat to the mild pepper that is beginning to rear it's head. At this time the leather and earth are still the predominant flavors present and are joined by a nice woody taste. The burn also got a little squirrely but corrected itself. Finally as I head into the final third I am pleased to say that the spice has very gradually been building and now has reached a medium strength and is a perfect compliment to the earth and leather. At this point the sweetness has decided to leave the party, but his departure is hardly noticed.

Now IMHO i think that this smoke is outstanding. I have only smoked one so far so this is merely a first impression, but I am stoked. For those of you who have listened to Stogie Geeks, I give this a box worthy rating and can't wait to light a bunch more of these on fire! The flavors are great, the smoke is complex and the only drawback is the slightly tight draw, but that also may be a function of my impatience to smoke this. In fact it was delivered to the b&m that day.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_1549/gallery_13143_1549_20708.jpg

<script src="https://ajax.googlea.../jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

So even after proof reading I still misspelled the name... what a dunce!

Thanks. I contacted the company and there is a place about 10 miles away that stocks these.

I'm interested in what you think. Let me know.

Hey, much thanks Mark and nice first review (i'm over due for mine). I now will be picking one up when the opportunity arises. Do you know what other vitolas this stick comes in?

Mark great write up I really enjoyed the read and I am looking forward to trying these.

Hey, much thanks Mark and nice first review (i'm over due for mine). I now will be picking one up when the opportunity arises. Do you know what other vitolas this stick comes in?

It comes in a corona, torpedo, toro and a robusto.

Thanks Paul, I know you will enjoy it.

Thanks for this. Been looking forward to these. And, Stogie Geeks is great. Thanks for the show!

Thanks for the review Mark, I am really looking forward to trying some of these when they hit the stores en masse.

The one gifted smoke of this brand I recently torched was enough to make me want a box.

Just waiting for Isy's thread to appear.................. :whistling:

Nice! Thanks bro. I have smoked several of the Lonsdale Short's myself and they are a solid offering. Hoping you can join us Sunday evening for the podcast? I'll be skyping in.

Sup ATL !

Nice review...I enjoy this blend a lot...Great complexity all the way through.

Best Regards,
Antonio
Reinado Cigars

I appreciate the feedback, I do have to say after smoking more of these sticks that the lonsdale a have all been tight. I prefer the corona after digging a little deeper.