• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Interview tomorrow!

H311oLHD

I've got my first interview for a 'real-life' position as an intern tomorrow at noon with Northwestern Mutual. Damn I'm nervous, but I'm looking forward to showing myself that I can do it. Afterwords, either as a 'cheering me up' or as a 'celebration' my girl friend is taking me on my cigar shopping spree from Valentines Day! I hope tomorrow's a good day! Thanks for letting me 'put that out there'.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good luck Aaron...it will be a breeze, make it so.

Brian

Good luck!

If you can, take a minute to think of the answer to "Tell me about yourself". Its the most common thing to hear in an interview and is the question many stumble upon. Its the epitome of giving someone all the rope they need to hang themselves in an interviewing sense. :)

Good luck man, you'll do great. Just arrive 20 minutes late so they don't think you're desperate for the job. :D

Good luck with the interview, remember the person on the other side was once like you! Relax be yourself and tell them what you bring to their company.

Let us know how it goes.

In the words of a wise man...

See this?

shinola01.jpg

That's Shinola.

See that?

poop%20dog.JPG

That's shit.

You learn the difference, you gonna be alright.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Why are you up a 3:33 AM if you have an interview tommorrow???? :sign:

P.S. Seriously though, I run a staffing compnay and the most important piece of advice I give candidates day in and day out is this:

At a job interview there is ONE and only ONE goal. To get a Job OFFER. That is not to say you will even want or accept that offer, but an interview is all about a balance of power, once you have an OFFER you have all the power.

It also makes things alot easier to deal with, and hence less nervous, as no matter what may be thrown at you the answe will be something along the lines of I love that! That is exactly what I am good at and looking for!

Good luck today! Try to work religion or politics into your interview. They won't forget you.

Stinki

one other thing that has not been mentioned make sure you study NorthWestern Mutual the company and its business practices so that you have questions to ask when they and they will ask you "do you have any questions". it shows that you have a true interest in the company and you want to be a part of it.

good luck dont sweat it it will be fine
confidence

Good luck, i'm sure if you are honest and give intelligent answers everything will fall in place. :thumbs:

Thank you guys for all of the advice!! It's all been very helpful, and I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'll let you all know how it goes in a few hours.

-Aaron

I just got back. Seemed to go well! I have another interview w/ a different person next friday, that includes a 10 min presentation :(. ah well. There seems to be about 4 interviews....little overkill? Anyways, 1 down. :) Now, hopefully onto the B&M!

Not overkill...good work getting as many interviews as you can. Now wait for the offers to roll in. :D

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Not overkill...good work getting as many interviews as you can. Now wait for the offers to roll in. :D

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

i think he meant that position has multiple interviews to get the job.

on a side note let us know what the shopping spree netted

Grats man. Do you have to GIVE a 10 minute presentation?

Also, since you said its your first real interview can I ask what your major is?

I remember going through this process.

If I can give you any advice - handwritten thank you notes. It's almost a lost art now because of e-mail. This is a very subtle way to set yourself apart from your other interviewees.

Good luck on round #2.

Jamie