• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Smoke In A While

PSTAN

Just want to share yesterday's events. Had a visit with the Neurosurgeon yesterday morning to go over a new MRI and
X-rays.

The Good News first: The neck is doing well and the nerves are healing slowly. :)

The Great News: He gave the OK to enjoy a cigar again. :D

The Shizzy News: Now that I can feel my arms I can tell something is wrong
with the right shoulder, thus the new MRI. I miss not
knowing the rotor cuff has a tear in it :angry2:

On the way home I stopped at one of my favorite place in Oklahoma City, the
Tobacco Exchange, and picked up a Padron '64 Exclusivo Maduro and a DC Maximus #5. I enjoyed the PAM for nearly the entire trip home while listening to the new Dave Matthews Band cd, it just didn't last the 2 hour drive. My tasting buds are not the best but the PAM started off somewhat spicy with hints of leather then it turned into a creamy, nutty cigar with loads of smoke that I really enjoyed. I think it could have been better if it had some age on it, other than factory, like the previous ones that I have had.

The surgeon or the cigar shop? :p

bfreebern said:
Congrats.

Is that shop in the strip mall off of May?
[snapback]187128[/snapback]​

That is great news. Congrats. Rotator cuff tear sucks, though. Tobacco Exchange is a great store. Yes, it is the one in the strip center off of May. They used to have Opus in stock everytime I went in there. Is that still the case? Prices weren't too bad, but I was spending a lot less on cigars then.

If you wonder how I know about the shop, I used to live in OKC for about 10 days out of every month doing work at Tinker AFB. Spent a lot of time at the local tobacco shops.

cigardawg said:
Tobacco Exchange is a great store.  Yes, it is the one in the strip center off of May.  They used to have Opus in stock everytime I went in there.  Is that still the case?  Prices weren't too bad, but I was spending a lot less on cigars then.
[snapback]187133[/snapback]​

Yes, they still have Opus in stock, at least they did yesterday. The prices were not too bad except for one or two of them, $20+. They have a limit of 5 and if I understood the labeling correctly it would be 5 per size/style. The had the same limit on PAN & PAM but that inventory was a little low.

My tow favorite shops in OKC are the Tobacco Exchange and the Tinder Box downtown. Plantations in the mall in Norman, OK gouges IMO.

Brandon, Tobacco Exchange is the one in the "strip mall" at the corner of 63rd and May.

Yep, same store then. They do always have Opus in stock, but like you said Phillip, they overcharge. Not bad if you want Opus, but I'm not going to fork out $5 over MSRP. Unless of course, I'm jonesing for one while being in OKC for the day or weekend.

This is also the same store that told me that had Short Story Maduros in stock.

:sign:

Alright, another Dave fan. The new cd has grown on me. I didn't like it the first time through, but I like it now. I was having problems with that dual disc crap so I had to burn it onto another cd.

PAM and Dave, nice combo! :thumbs:

bfreebern said:
Yep, same store then. They do always have Opus in stock, but like you said Phillip, they overcharge. Not bad if you want Opus, but I'm not going to fork out $5 over MSRP. Unless of course, I'm jonesing for one while being in OKC for the day or weekend.
[snapback]187147[/snapback]​

Actually their prices were about right, maybe $1-3 more than MSRP with the exception of a couple of them. I am not familiar with the entire line of OPUS so I can't pinpoint the exact ones that were too high. Their PAM '26 were $20 - 21, tempting but I wanted more than one cigar.

That's great news PSTAN! glada to hear things are coming around for you.

Alright, another DMB fan here as well :thumbs: . I've seen them live a few times now. Haven't picked up the new CD as of yet.

:cool:

It's good to hear that things are going well. I hope the shoulder nerves get back to where they should be soon. :thumbs:

I'm gald you're getting back into the cigar saddle again also!

stevehawk said:
[snapback]187154[/snapback]​

Maybe you could convince my wife about that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PSTAN said:
stevehawk said:

[snapback]187157[/snapback]​

You smoke cigars while in the saddle. :p Glad you're doing better.

cigarsarge said:
PSTAN said:
stevehawk said:

[snapback]187157[/snapback]​

You smoke cigars while in the saddle. :p Glad you're doing better.
[snapback]187163[/snapback]​

Wouldn't that be a George Burns move. :laugh: