• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fishing Herf! again...

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
Just thought I'd throw this out there.

When: Either the 29th or 30th of August, still debating on best day to go.
Time: Will be a night trip, yes looking for blues and/or stripers
Where: Sheepshead Bay. Last time Dan and I went from here, there were blues as big as your thighs!!
Cost: somewhere around $50

If anyone has recommendations on which charter or boat to use feel free to let us know. What do you guys think?

damit ill be in upstate ny sucks for me
you guys have fun

What boat did you and Dan take? I'm in!!

I totally forgot, that boat left some bad memories for me though, so I was hoping for a different charter, seeing as how they all traverse similar waters. The boat we went on last time was very dirty, and for some reason, Dan and I didn't get any bites at all, everyone else was pulling in schools of baby sea bass, blues and fluke.

I'm probably going to take a trip down to the piers this Friday to look around and see which charters are going out on Labor Day weekend, and how long, prices, etc.

Ok, thinking about doing it on the Brooklyn VI

Total price is coming out to be $60 - $55 for the passage, $5 for the rod.
According to the site the boat leaves at 7pm and comes back around 3-4am.
Also finalizing it to take place on Saturday, August 30th.

I'll give them a call Monday to see if they are setting out during the Labor Day weekend to be sure.

Ok. after doing some networking, I've narrowed it down to two boats, Brooklyn VI and Capt. Dave.

Brooklyn VI

Times: 7pm - 3/4am
Cost: $55 + $5 rod, price may change

Capt. Dave

Times: 7pm - 12am
Cost $45 all inclusive, price may change.

As far as size, the Brooklyn VI is the bigger boat, spanning 110' while Capt. Dave is around 80'.

Edit - forgot to add, both boats are going for blues and stripers.

Again, seeing as how this is taking place on a Saturday night, and I don't go to work Sunday, the Brooklyn VI is looking very attractive, even for the higher price.

As far as Roll'n'Roaster goes... I've been there, and as fine a fast food restaurant it was, I was not impressed. I find it to be a Hardy's Franchise under a different name.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area. Linky.

I've also been told there is a chance of rain for Saturday Night. We can always make the final call on Saturday morning, but as of now, probability is at 20%, so it's still on.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Who's coming with the beer?

Im all in for the Brooklyn VI. I'll bring some beer and a flask too. :thumbs:

Damn, I will be in Baltimore. Hopefully next time Dave, I haven’t seen you in awhile.

Sorry guy's, a bit too far and I suck at fishing.

Let me know where the next one is.

Also, I would be in for another Captree trip, or even an overnight Montauk trip... :thumbs:

Forecast says 60% chance of thundershowers developing late on Saturday.

I suggest we move it to Sunday night if possible

I'd be up for a Captree Stripers trip ... keep me posted.

Went out for Fluke today through Moriches Inlet. Got 1 keeper, 7 shorts, and about 30 skates. It was like a plague of skates.

I'm going to say it's still on Saturday night until further notice.

Accuweather report suggests possible thunderstorm probability at 25% at 7pm and 10pm, so unless I see one solid 4 hour block of thunderstorms, to me that means scattered showers. Plus, we'll more than likely be 30 to 40 miles into the ocean, possibly more depending on where the spots are this time, so the chances again of us being inconvenienced by the rain is less than predicted.

Honestly, I'm hoping the turbulent weather will bring in a nice tide. Bring your motion sickness pills. Of course if that percentage changes to 70% or higher and the radar shows a nice dark green/yellow/red mass hovering over Sheepshead bay, then of course the fishing will be postponed until the next day.

I will check the weather tomorrow and Saturday morning to see what the radar shows. Of course Dan is jonesing to go to Maxi's on Saturday in case of a rain out.

The weather is looking good today, I'm excited.

Was thinking of getting there around 5:30 or so to maybe grab a bite to eat, take some dramamine, and then head onto the boat around 6:15 or 6:30 to grab a good spot. Time for a little pre-fishing nap.