• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fixing a Coolers Seal

Mizicke5273

Head on over to This Thread to see my Intro.

Ok so on to business, I am now out of room in the 28qt cooler I have been using. I was going to buy a new one, but I have an old 74qt cooler laying around that I thought about trying first. The only thing is, is the seal isnt that great. So I was thinking about adding some weather stripping to the lid, to improve the seal. Anyone know if this will work or have any other recommendations?

Other wise, I need to determine if I want to get a 75qt or a 100qt cooler.

Head on over to This Thread to see my Intro.

Ok so on to business, I am now out of room in the 28qt cooler I have been using. I was going to buy a new one, but I have an old 74qt cooler laying around that I thought about trying first. The only thing is, is the seal isnt that great. So I was thinking about adding some weather stripping to the lid, to improve the seal. Anyone know if this will work or have any other recommendations?

Other wise, I need to determine if I want to get a 75qt or a 100qt cooler.

Weather stripping might work. Why not use the 74qt cooler as an actual "cooler" and buy a 120qt cooler, which cost me $40 at Walmart. If you buy a cooler, buy the biggest you can find. If you ask "Why?", lets revisit this thread in 6 months and you'll likely understand. :D

Welcome to CP!

Rob

I applied weather stripping to my cooler, and so far, it doesn't seem to be working. I can't seem to get it above 59%. I am thinking about an Oasis to fix the problem. Other than that, I will have to buy a new cooler.

Im upgrading to a 100 qt marine and found the seal lacking. Got some 3/16x3/16 sticky back foam insulation from HD and it seems to have fixed it.

Note to newbs when shopping for your first cooler, go through them and try and find one with the tightest fitting lid. You may find the one you like doesnt seal good and you'll have to look at a different model or do some tweeking.

I just wanted to say. In my last post, I mentioned that I added a strip of foam insulation to my coolidor, and it wasn't working. I added a second strip on top of the first. and a small bowl of distilled water. It is now sitting at 68% and seeems to be doing fine.