• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flavor without the Buzz?

dannymer1974

Hello,

I am looking for some mild strength cigars that actually have some depth and flavor to them. The challenge with this is that I want to avoid keep it mild in strength to avoid any type of nicotine sickness........had a bad experience recently and I dont want it to ruin my new hobby.

I have had a Rocky Patel Connecticut which was OK. Recently I bought a few casa toranos to sample and they are on their way. What else would you recommend to a newbie that fits my description? Also, I prefer a shorter cigar because time is limited always.

I just recently enjoyed my first davidoff, tons of flavor and depth while maintaining a nice smooth strength.

another one I like is AF SG cuban Beli, Padron Maduro, RyJ vintage, RP 1999, Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Belicoso Maduro. Those all have nice flavor without a 1 2 punch

Danny, try a Padron 2000 in maduro or natural wrap. One of my "go to" smokes many weeknights. Tons of flavor, not an incredible nicotine punch. Very nice, and reasonable to acquire, price wise. I keep a couple boxes of each around; by the time I get through a box, I have one with 3-6 months on it to open up and I re-order for the next go round. Easy to recommend..... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I agree with BBS, try the Padron 2000 but I far prefer the Maduro. Also look into Oliva Serie G. Lots of flavor but to strong and at a good price.

Seth

Oliva Serie O is also a good choice as is most of AVO's cigars.

Habana Leon, that 70% ligero is just propaganda. ;)

I would recommend a Romeo y Julieta, I had one today and it was my first one ever. I personally prefer a stronger cigar a medium to full bodied and in Maduro, but that's just me. The Romeo y Julieta's have from what I have experienced, a background of sweet tobacco flavor with cashews, almonds, and party nuts. The strength on this cigar is very mild, I didn't get really any head buzz off of it and this cigar would be more suited for a person starting out.

Hello,

I am looking for some mild strength cigars that actually have some depth and flavor to them. The challenge with this is that I want to avoid keep it mild in strength to avoid any type of nicotine sickness........had a bad experience recently and I dont want it to ruin my new hobby.

I have had a Rocky Patel Connecticut which was OK. Recently I bought a few casa toranos to sample and they are on their way. What else would you recommend to a newbie that fits my description? Also, I prefer a shorter cigar because time is limited always.

I'd recommend posting this in the discussion forum! :D

Avo Domaine or even some Classics.
Fuente Hemingway's
Dunhill
Punch Rare Corojo

Oh - and the Fuente Chateau

You're right Grateful1. As soon as I came back to my thread I went to the wrong forum to find it. Thats when I realized my error. Mods (are there any) please move to the appropriate forum.

On topic, I smoked a La Gloria Cubana Maduro Wavell today. It was the best smoke that I have tried. The flavors and aroma were really pleasing and the draw was right down the middle. An excellent cigar. I also like how firm the wrapper was as a held and smoked this cigar. The only knock would be that the ash wasnt as firm as other cigars, a little flaky. But I am more interested in smoking the cigar rather than looking at the ash anyway!

This cigar is supposed to be medium in strength, no? I didnt feel any sort of buzz (which is good). Perhaps my problem in the past has been an empty stomach, or some other variable? I smoked the LGC right after dinner and it was excellent.

Thanks for the feedback. More information is welcomed.

I echo some of these other guys: Padron 2000. I have the maduros and they are really tasty (and a great price to boot).

You're right Grateful1. As soon as I came back to my thread I went to the wrong forum to find it. Thats when I realized my error. Mods (are there any) please move to the appropriate forum.

On topic, I smoked a La Gloria Cubana Maduro Wavell today. It was the best smoke that I have tried. The flavors and aroma were really pleasing and the draw was right down the middle. An excellent cigar. I also like how firm the wrapper was as a held and smoked this cigar. The only knock would be that the ash wasnt as firm as other cigars, a little flaky. But I am more interested in smoking the cigar rather than looking at the ash anyway!

This cigar is supposed to be medium in strength, no? I didn't feel any sort of buzz (which is good). Perhaps my problem in the past has been an empty stomach, or some other variable? I smoked the LGC right after dinner and it was excellent.

Thanks for the feedback. More information is welcomed.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the LGC!
Try the natural too, it is one of the few sticks that I like the maduro and natural equally.

You comment about the empty stomach is dead on! Eating before smoking is KEY for me if I'm going to tackle a stronger smoke. Another neat trick is to have a sugary drink on-hand while smoking as the sugar can counter-act the nicotine sickness. As soon as you start to feel that punch-in-the-gut suck down a coke or, my favorite, ginger ale and you'll be right as rain!