• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flogging Molly

Swifty

Dismember
Just got home from one of the best concerts I have ever been to . Shared some Jamison Irish whiskey from a bottle that Nathen Maxwell passed me after the concert. Too drunk to account for all the details, but suffice to say one of the best concerts I have been to.

These guys are going to be in Des Moines soon. I thought about going but didn't buy a ticket. Pretty good show though, huh?

Excellent! :thumbs:

One of my favorites, we talked about them here:

Flogging Molly

They're coming out my way (New Jersey @ the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville) in September and I'm hoping to see them. I saw them twice this past winter during their annual "Green 17" tour right around the time they released their new CD "Float."

I think I heard that they are doing a free concert in Norwalk CT. before the end of summer...

Just got home from one of the best concerts I have ever been to . Shared some Jamison Irish whiskey from a bottle that Nathen Maxwell passed me after the concert. Too drunk to account for all the details, but suffice to say one of the best concerts I have been to.

I was not too drunk to "account" for all the details just too drunk and tired to post at the time. (Note to self: Wait until sober to post.) My son and a friend of his drove up from southern IL to go to the show with me. Another friend was in town from Chicago and went with us. I went crowd surfing for the first time in my life. We met a couple of the guys in the band after the show. I have seen Flogging Molly once before but this was even better being outdoors and FREE. I will see them again any chance I get.

Totally awesome band, I would love to hit that concert. Congrats on a good day!

This most recent Lollapalooza? Together with Rage and Radiohead? That would make for the greatest show on Earth.

I have seen these guys 4 or 5 times...great time every time!

This most recent Lollapalooza? Together with Rage and Radiohead? That would make for the greatest show on Earth.

Yes, this most recent one. Is was a great weekend. I must admit though, I watched Wilco instead of Rage. I had intended to stay for a bit of Wilco and head to Rage, but Wilco put on a great set. One of my favorites from the weekend. The other of my top three was John Butler Trio and Raconteurs.

Glad you enjoyed it! They indeed are an outstanding bunch and they put on fantastic shows. :thumbs:

Definitely a great band, and I'm glad to see them getting their due. They were the house band (or regular performers at least) forever at Molly Malone's in Los Angeles' Fairfax District. I used to see them often after hitting up the nearby Farmer's Market (now known as The Grove) or LACMA on museum row of the Wilshire District.

:laugh:

With a screen name like that, I was wondering when you were going to check in! :thumbs:

What else ya into?

I'm a big fan of:

Dropkick Murphys-Boston (25+ shows)
The Tossers-Chicago (10+ shows, I lost track, I LOVE these guys, they stayed at my house last fall after a show)
The Briggs-LA (only seen them once)
Flatfoot 56-Chicago (only once)
Darkbuster-Boston (once)
The Killigans-Nebraska (never since they don't come around me)
Street Dogs-Boston (6 or 7 times, I forget... :laugh: )
New York Dolls-uh...I forget where they're from maybe New York? :laugh: (once recently but quite a few times seeing just David, MANY years ago :0 )
Stiff Little Fingers-Northern Ireland originally but Jake Burns now lives in Chicago (once but WOW, was it GREAT!)
Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers-Chicago (never since they don't come around near me)

and of course Flogging Molly-LA!

I saw Anti-Flag once and they were pretty good but I don't really know their stuff. I saw the Vacancies (Cleveland) five times warm up for The Tossers and they're pretty darn good too. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be doing anything anymore.....

I also saw the Horrorpops warm up once for DKM and they were pretty good! Something tells me I should see Bad Religion, Rancid, Turbo Negro, The Misfits, The Bones and Social D sometime just 'cause! :D

:laugh:

With a screen name like that, I was wondering when you were going to check in! :thumbs:

What else ya into?

I'm a big fan of:

Dropkick Murphys-Boston (25+ shows)
The Tossers-Chicago (10+ shows, I lost track, I LOVE these guys, they stayed at my house last fall after a show)
The Briggs-LA (only seen them once)
Flatfoot 56-Chicago (only once)
Darkbuster-Boston (once)
The Killigans-Nebraska (never since they don't come around me)
Street Dogs-Boston (6 or 7 times, I forget... :laugh: )
New York Dolls-uh...I forget where they're from maybe New York? :laugh: (once recently but quite a few times seeing just David, MANY years ago :0 )
Stiff Little Fingers-Northern Ireland originally but Jake Burns now lives in Chicago (once but WOW, was it GREAT!)
Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers-Chicago (never since they don't come around near me)

and of course Flogging Molly-LA!

I saw Anti-Flag once and they were pretty good but I don't really know their stuff. I saw the Vacancies (Cleveland) five times warm up for The Tossers and they're pretty darn good too. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be doing anything anymore.....

I also saw the Horrorpops warm up once for DKM and they were pretty good! Something tells me I should see Bad Religion, Rancid, Turbo Negro, The Misfits, The Bones and Social D sometime just 'cause! :D

Bill you should see Social D each and every opportunity that you can. I've seen Social D and Ness more times than I can recall - from coast to coast - even back in the Hell Comes To Your House days, and each time has been awesome.

Also, as for Turbonegro....damn, you certainly should check them out if they come around. They are amazing and cool as hell (really down to earth guys). And, like Turbonegro, also check the Hellacopters. Pure balls to the wall, nitro-burning rock and roll, Nord and Swede style.

The Misfits are no longer really the Misfits that I grew up with...I don't even know if their "new" singer, Michale Graves is still with them. I read he joined the USMC, served and then released some solo stuff. But, at least Jerry is still banging it out...think he is the one who is probably singing these days.

Bad Religion...yeah, you definitely have to see those guys.

PUNK LAWYER....there are two of us? Will wonders never cease.

PUNK LAWYER....there are two of us? Will wonders never cease.

There are at least three. ;)

Flogging Molly... Very nice!!! :thumbs:

World Inferno Friendship Society hits Chicago in October!!! ;)