• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flor De Ybor Toro

I would like to add my own experience in Flor De Ybor city cigar. I had a bundle of #85 Sun-Grown sitting in the coolerdor about a year aging. I lighted one up this past weekend and it was a good cigar. Medium strength, ample smoke, perfect draw, no bitter taste at the beginning of the cigar. Have that spice, woody, sun-grown taste that I find in the A.F Chateuau Fuente and the Royal Salute. It was a good smoke and a good experience for a bundled cigar that cost under $60, if I remember correctly. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would grade this cigar between 7 1/2 - 8. Recommended... :D

Just got a bundle of their Tampa Sweethearts #85 maduros. Not the prettiest smoke in the world, but taste great. Have heard that these have occasional burn issues, as they are rolled by apprentice rollers, but at $31.00 for a bundle of 20, you can't beat them. The couple I've smoked have been perfect, and have a similar taste profile to the 858 maduros.

Got to try the SG 85's next!!

Jack Straw said:
Just got a bundle of their Tampa Sweethearts #85 maduros. Not the prettiest smoke in the world, but taste great. Have heard that these have occasional burn issues, as they are rolled by apprentice rollers, but at $31.00 for a bundle of 20, you can't beat them. The couple I've smoked have been perfect, and have a similar taste profile to the 858 maduros.

[snapback]266060[/snapback]​

Jay,
You have tried them, I sent you some in a trade...remember???

BrewMeister said:
Jack Straw said:

[snapback]266060[/snapback]​

Jay,
You have tried them, I sent you some in a trade...remember???
[snapback]266068[/snapback]​

Hey Tim,
Didn't think either of those was the 85 SG, as both were more along a panatela size. Of course, with the holidays upon us, my memories are severely clouded!! Kids are all visiting, and two of my sons each brought a bottle of single malt scotch. One's 12 years old and the other's 30 (scotch, not my kids!!).

The comparing/contrasting are starting to affect my memory as well as my motor skills!!

Happy Holidays!!

had a bundle of corona size, dont remember what number they were. dont thing they were the 85, which is a cuban corona iirc. havent had one in a while but last one i did was a good maduro wrapped dominican, not dissimilar to other maduro wrapped dominicans.