• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Floyd Mayweather - Ricky Hatton

Boogs34

I've been looking forward to this fight for several years. As you can see by my banner, I'm a big Floyd Mayweather fan and I think he's going to beat that Hatton back out of the United States to never return.

I hear people yelling PBF is a punk and this and that. The fact is that you are under the spell of the ruse he uses to make money and sell tickets. You hate him because that's how he maximizes his money. He's incredibly intelligent and talented and he's going to end the everyman's hope this weekend!

In the end Hatton will be exposed for what he is...an imperfect puncher who will get outclassed by one of boxing's greatest that has the pedigree and purity that the Guinness drinker lacks.

PBF by majority decision!

I will think of some sort of bet on this one...

Oh boy.....I am one of those people who really cant stand Pretty Boy and I hope Hatton puts him on his ass! I do agree that he is very intellegent and does a wonderful job at marketing himself however I just find that I like those fighters who chose to exhibit at least a shred of class while in public. There is no doubt that Pretty Boy is going to have the better boxing and faster hands however I dont think he is going to be able to elude one of Hatton big shots and I'm hoping it will eventually catch up to him. I too have been waiting for this fight for a long time especially since Oscar was unable to beat him. Should be a great fight and the stakes are high since someone is going home with thier first defeat.

Wow two days out and nobody has anything to say about this? Where the hell are all the boxing fans?

I will add my two cents. Ricky Hatten has always been a great fighter to watch. He is always aggressive and on the attack. What makes him a great fighter in my view is when he is hurt he fights right back and does not run.

FMW who is very good at understanding the points game in the world of boxing, tends to hit and run, dance around the ring like a Vegas show girl. His hand speed is much faster than that of Hatton. His power is better as well. But Hatton is a boxer,brawler. Floyed is just a boxer.

I see the fight like this. If we get impartial judging of this fight, and any fight fan knows that is a hit and miss in this sport, Ricky Hatton with is relentless attack should come out on top.

I like Floyed for what he is a master at controlling the ring. I like Hatton for what he is, a fighter.

I'm going to be calling the local sports bars to see if they are going to have it....just too much money for one fight

I think FMW will probably win but man he has a freakin HUGE HEAD. He is the greatest to ever live, just ask him!!! lol. I loved the comments he made about beating the crap out of some MMA guys (if he ever did MMA) that boxers would win. I would pay a lot of money to see him step into the cage against basically any MMA guy in the ufc/ifl/wec.

I hope Hatton knocks him out just so I don't have to see FMW counting his money or talking about how great he is. My god that gets old and I can't wait till someone knocks him the F Out.

Oh and FMW had best be careful considering Oscar about whipped his arse.

I hear he is thinking about retiring soon so someone needs to put a blemish on his record otherwise the boxing world will never hear the end of it :rolleyes:

I too would like to say PBF fight MMA.. That would be an awesomely short fight. Unfortunately i'd like to see PBF bleed.

Well...PBF is 2 wins away from going down in history as an all-time great!

floydsigcopyuu3.jpg

Damn I think I might have talked myself into getting the PPV. I watched all of the 24/7 episodes on HBO and I just cant wait as this is going to be one hell of fight!

I used to be a huge boxing fan, but since all the belts have been split and there are several "champs" at every weight, I've gradually lost interest over the years. The best thing boxing could do for itself is reunifying all it's belts.

That being said...

I'll be watching this fight because PBF is one of the greatest ever, even if he is a pompous ass!

****** SPOILER!!!******
Don't scroll down if you want to see it on HBO!

FMW kicked Hatton's ass. It was a good fight, though. Floyd fought Hatton's fight and he won. And best of all, he was a very gracious winner. He spoke very highly of Hatton as a fighter. I know I respect him more after watching this bout.

Great fight. If Hatton had kept up his intensity and kept dashing in, he would have gotten Mayweather. Although, Hatton's dashing speed and endurance still lacked finess, and Floyd was forced to throw more jabs than he normally would have. Definitely kept Mayweather on his toes in this one, and probably his last fight for a while.

I've watch many fights, and one thing i've learned, the guy that fights aggressively has to be careful of not burning out. Championships are won with knockouts or with endurance, hence the rope a dope.

Best fight I have seen in a while, although my guy didn't win. I though Hatten fought hard and often, not once backing down or running. As much as I dis-like Mayweather, he I also thought fought tough. Mayweather looked as if he had never been in a match whenever the camera panned over to his corner, he mantained his conposure and took the match in the later rounds. Much respect to both fighters, I can't wait to the rematch!