• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fonseca Delicias (Cuba)

EzTheFix

Reaction score
Fonseca Delicias (Cuba)
Posted by E.Z. in Cigar Reviews (Photos)

I was feeling a bit adventurous today and decided to try out one of the cheapest Cuban cigars on the market. The Fonseca Delicias is so cheap that I just had to pick up a few while at the tobacconist some time ago. I hadn't touched them in so long that there was a bit of bloom on them.

You can expect a cigar that was decently rolled by a machine and bears a rather rough and rustic wrapper with a lumpy cap. It's alright, though, I mean, the thing cost about two euros, so I'm well prepared for this. The scent is definitely of leather with quite a bit of pepper. As a whole, I would say that the cigar had a nice oily sheen and feel.

Once lit, the little stick gave off a very pleasant leathery aroma and taste with excellent buttery properties at first; not bad at all so far! As the dark gray ash builds up there is a nice sort of bitterness that comes out in the smoke.

The second third kicks up the flavors a few notches. There is more pepper and leather. The smoke is turning out to be quite rich and earthy, if one-dimensional. I am compelled to puff and puff though… The last third is fuller still. A woody undertone begins to be added to the earthy base. I puff away pleasantly, and am finally left with a rather sweet leathery and persistent finish.

Now, granted, I can see how this little cigar can get harsh on some smokers, but I somehow enjoyed the earthy profile and event the more bitter notes. For two euros a pop, I'd say it's a playful little habano; my first ever machine made cigar!

Nice review Ez. It's been a while since I smoked a Fonseca. The Delicias was one of the first cigars I tried when I started getting into cigarsmoking. The picture I have of them is that they're a good ISOM for the money. I should try some more.

these were the first box of ISOM's i ever purchased. not bad, got some plugged ones, but for the money, not bad either. thanks for the review.

One of the best Cubans for the price IMO. I always have a box or two on hand and love them in the morning with coffee. This is true of any of the Fonsecas.

Ihave four boxes of delicias and #1's in humi.I like them for what they are CHEAP one of the first isom's that I ordered. :thumbs:

Fonseca Delicias (Cuba)
Posted by E.Z. in Cigar Reviews (Photos)

I was feeling a bit adventurous today and decided to try out one of the cheapest Cuban cigars on the market. The Fonseca Delicias is so cheap that I just had to pick up a few while at the tobacconist some time ago. I hadn't touched them in so long that there was a bit of bloom on them.

You can expect a cigar that was decently rolled by a machine and bears a rather rough and rustic wrapper with a lumpy cap. It's alright, though, I mean, the thing cost about two euros, so I'm well prepared for this. The scent is definitely of leather with quite a bit of pepper. As a whole, I would say that the cigar had a nice oily sheen and feel.

Once lit, the little stick gave off a very pleasant leathery aroma and taste with excellent buttery properties at first; not bad at all so far! As the dark gray ash builds up there is a nice sort of bitterness that comes out in the smoke.

The second third kicks up the flavors a few notches. There is more pepper and leather. The smoke is turning out to be quite rich and earthy, if one-dimensional. I am compelled to puff and puff though… The last third is fuller still. A woody undertone begins to be added to the earthy base. I puff away pleasantly, and am finally left with a rather sweet leathery and persistent finish.

Now, granted, I can see how this little cigar can get harsh on some smokers, but I somehow enjoyed the earthy profile and event the more bitter notes. For two euros a pop, I'd say it's a playful little habano; my first ever machine made cigar!

Nice review, but to my knowledge, the Delicias aren't machine made any longer. I remember reading that prior to 2000 they were, but are now handmade. In any event, I too have a couple boxes of these. Not great cigars but when you want a short, inexpensive smoke, they are a good choice.

these were the first box of ISOM's i ever purchased. not bad, got some plugged ones, but for the money, not bad either. thanks for the review.

No kidding, it was my first box too. :thumbs:

I was just thinking the other day as I read some good reviews on Fonseca Cadetes - is it a better smoke than the Delicias? Has anyone had both to compare? When I ordered my boxes of Delicias, it was mainly due to the price and I figured why not go with them (4 7/8 x 40) when they are only a couple bucks more than the Cadetes, which are shorter smokes (4 1/2 x 36).

I really don't like cigars much that have less than a 40 ring gauge but perhaps it's a better smoke. Can anyone shed some light on this?