• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Food for the Super Bowl

I only have a few people coming over (parents and another couple).

I'm going to be making a batch of Gumbo, Jalapeno/Cheddar cornbread, Buffalo wings, and was thinking about AVB's blue cheese dip.

Have a chuck going right now in some blueberry mead for shredded beef, which will go on nachos, as well as a pizza.  Also going to make a couple other pizzas and some dips.

Got the smoker fired up. Got some ribs, crab and chive abt's and an Ashton cabinet fired up along side a Newcastle. I did a cold smoke before Christmas and have some smoked x sharp cheddar, Gouda and havarti coming out along with rays blue cheese dip (if it makes it that long). Got some friends bringing wings, pies and various other goodies. Should be a gluttonous day. :)

I jumped on the band wagon with AVB's dip. I have dough rising for some fresh pizzas, and some wings that will be spiced up and baked in the oven. Not sure what people will be bringing, but it's always a ton. Our family likes to eat....

My world famous hot wings, got me a few different craft beers and a BIG FAT OPUS

Damn I think we should lobby congress to make the day after Superbowl a holiday

beyond the band said:
My world famous hot wings, got me a few different craft beers and a BIG FAT OPUS

Care to share the recipe?

2K6TBSS said:

Yea cause I got a recipe from another member that says his are award winning! I am actually throwing them on the grill in a min.

I've tried the grill method for health reasons of course. Eff that. They are chicken wings for crying out loud! If your oil is hot enough you get very little saturation. I get almost as much oil/ shortening to fill the container when it cools as I did when I started.
Tall Paul said:

Yea cause I got a recipe from another member that says his are award winning! I am actually throwing them on the grill in a min.

Oh one more thing Paul
This other fella, with his "award winning recipe"

Yeah
Did he have a black guy bootleg T-shirt vendor sample his wings while tailgating at a Charger game, come back an hour later just to  tell him his wings were the best he'd ever tried?
Yeah I didn't think so.
:sign:

Don't know I'm sure he will be in here to address this since he's the cp resident chef

Receipe by wkoti.
Cooked by your truly.  :thumbs:

Beer: Founders Breakfast Stout
Cigar: Bolivar Beli Fino

gallery_13257_1651_1553675.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_937214.jpg

Great wings CJ thanks again for the receipe!
P.S. I just WON 25 Opus/Anejo!

Paul

Went with my "Crack in a bowl", Swissy's salmon dip, some shrimp and Chicago style deep dish mushroom and pepperoni pizza.

beyond the band said:
Search is your friend...Geeze newb  :sign:

here you go bud
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/67930-super-bowl-snacks/?hl=%2Bhot+%2Bwings

Yeah, I should have seen that coming... :blush:

Thanks!

I did try Wkoti's recipe yesterday for wings.  The didn't come out as good as I would have liked, but that was my fault.  They were a last minute idea, so they only had like 3 hours to sit in the marinade, they should have been able to sit at least overnight to get the best flavor.

2K6TBSS said:
Search is your friend...Geeze newb  :sign:

here you go bud
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/67930-super-bowl-snacks/?hl=%2Bhot+%2Bwings

Yeah, I should have seen that coming... :blush:

Thanks!

I did try Wkoti's recipe yesterday for wings.  The didn't come out as good as I would have liked, but that was my fault.  They were a last minute idea, so they only had like 3 hours to sit in the marinade, they should have been able to sit at least overnight to get the best flavor.

Yea go with 24 hrs.