• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all the students...

Special K

As finals approach, my first is on April 30th, I wish everyone good luck!

This is my last semester, so my last set of finals, ever! (I hope) Hope everyone does well and doesn't get too stressed out.

And for you graduating law students, knock out finals and take a breath, smoke a cigar, and relax before jumping into studying for your state bar exam. I know I will.

Just finishing up the last 3 weeks of my first year of medical school. It's been ridiculously hard, but I'm surprised how fast it has passed by.

I'm just finishing up my junior year at Illinois State. I honestly never imagined this year would be as hard as it has been. I have had more exams, papers, group papers, group presentations, "role plays", and individual projects than I could have ever imagined. I still have a ton left on my plate before this year lets out: a sales "role play", an integrated marketing communications exam, Marketing Research group paper, MR group presentation, and another paper for my Buyer behavior class. All of that is due BEFORE finals...2 weeks, then finals. Ugh.

Well, congrats to all the graduates and good luck on finals!!!

-Aaron

Ah, the end of the semester.

During "study week" (the week before finals, when classes aren't allowed to teach new material, only review) I have all my final projects/presentations in my architecture class, and then during actual finals week I still have real finals.

Good times, essentially you have 2 finals weeks if you're in an architecture program. I'm excited though, After jury week, everyone kicks back, even though we all still have actual finals, it doesn't matter. The sleepless nights full of basswood and prismacolors and trace paper and photoshop are over.

Good luck to you all, the end is near!

I went back to school after 10 years - some grad work some work toward a second bachelor's. Heavy load this semester, I've been reading about 1000 pages/week and the only thing that got me through was sitting on my porch reading while smoking cigars.

Winding up this week and I'm looking forward to a lot more golf!

Brown

Ah, the end of the semester.

During "study week" (the week before finals, when classes aren't allowed to teach new material, only review) I have all my final projects/presentations in my architecture class, and then during actual finals week I still have real finals.

Good times, essentially you have 2 finals weeks if you're in an architecture program. I'm excited though, After jury week, everyone kicks back, even though we all still have actual finals, it doesn't matter. The sleepless nights full of basswood and prismacolors and trace paper and photoshop are over.

Good luck to you all, the end is near!

:( do you promise? I cannot get myself to stop worrying about this role play that I have to give on Tuesday....I am seriously losing sleep over it. If I could, I would pay a buddy of mine to step in for me. I know I'll be better off doing it, getting through it...and I know I can..but I have never been so worried about something for school. Ah well, we all have our own things to stress us out, I guess this is my thing.

Again, best of luck to all students out there,

Aaron

Two more days of class, a day off, and finals start Thursday. All project and presentations were done last week, now I just got to concentrate on finals. I'm hoping they won't be to bad expect I know my accounting final is going to be brutal.

Best of luck to everyone!

Not only did I pick the wrong day to stop sniffing glue, but I also picked the wrong time of year to join a forum.

I've got the last paper I'll ever have to write (besides thesis and dissertation) due in 9 hours, it's less than halfway complete, yet here I am.

internet_vs_researchpaper.png

Good luck to all the other students, and for the graduating law students, adhere to the recommended schedule/timeline provided by Bar-Bri (assuming you're taking them, of course).

H3110--my kid brother is at ISU. He's scrambling to get everything taken care of so that he can graduate in December only slightly behind schedule...

Bar/Bri. Been there, done that. It works. Sucks, but works.

BarBri and PMBR, I'm in heaven :sign:

I only have 2 finals this semester, so it won't be as bad as previous years, but finding the motivation now is pretty difficult. But I honestly got to say, law school was one of the best time's of my life.

My finals start next week.........second semester of law school almost done. I'm really looking forward to getting this semester out of the way as I hear it gets a lot better your 2nd and 3rd year. I'm about finshed outlining my courses and now all I have to do is the easy part, study :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, there will be a great number of cigars smoked and beers drunk in the coming weeks for me......

Oh, and good luck to all the other students :thumbs:

At the end of my BA in CrimJustice/PoliticalSci and already started taking some of my MA in CrimJustice courses (I was admitted to the joint program). When will it ever end!!!!!!! I never thought I could love and hate something as much.

I'm finishing up my junior year here at Yale and have a couple dozen pages to write in this final week of classes. Next week is reading week, where classes don't meet, and everyone takes the time to study (in theory :sign: ) After that, I have a few finals, but all I know is that, during these next few weeks, a bunch of cigars are going to go down to keep me sane. :laugh:

Good luck to everyone, especially all of those graduating!

My finals start next week.........second semester of law school almost done. I'm really looking forward to getting this semester out of the way as I hear it gets a lot better your 2nd and 3rd year.

Absolutely. It's like something magical will happen to you over the summer--you'll be able to bang out your reading in 1/4 the time it used to take you. It'll also help that at least a few of your classes will be electives which (presumably) you'll enjoy a little more than the required ones. Plus, everyone's GPA is fairly well established so there might be a little less of the whole cutthroat competitiveness and all the unpleasantries that entails.

2nd year 1st semester was the worst semester I had. Not grade wise, but stress and time management wise. I was taking 4 courses (2 of which were Fed. Tax and our version of Agency/Partnership and Corporations combined), on Journal (citechecks, paper, sources, etc...), OCI (on campus interviews - Yay Job) and planning my wedding! When callbacks happened, I was literally on my last wheels.

But hey, we all go through it, we all get through it, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. The rest of 2L year and 3L year was a blast. My 3L year has consisted of classes 2 days a week, along with 12 hours in the Business School which are counted pass/fail and don't affect my GPA.

So, chin up, have fun doing whatever you do this summer (clerking, summer associate, traveling) and realize that there are good times ahead!

I only have 2 finals this semester, so it won't be as bad as previous years, but finding the motivation now is pretty difficult. But I honestly got to say, law school was one of the best time's of my life.

You won't need both honestly. Not even the classes are that beneficial - I never got much out of them anyway, so stopped taking them after the very first Bar I ever took long ago. Get the Bar/Bri books and study those, run through those practice exams, and you'll be fine. Has worked for me for numerous state bars in which I have been admitted, always passing with ease the first go around. ;)

You won't need both honestly. Not even the classes are that beneficial - I never got much out of them anyway, so stopped taking them after the very first Bar I ever took long ago. Get the Bar/Bri books and study those, run through those practice exams, and you'll be fine. Has worked for me for numerous state bars in which I have been admitted, always passing with ease the first go around. ;)

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that. I figure if the firm is gonna pay for it, I'll take any edge I can get to pass, especially my first time around. Hopefully if I ever need to be admitted to another bar I'll either get reciprocity (which I hear most states don't have) or be in a more confident position for the exam.

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that. I figure if the firm is gonna pay for it, I'll take any edge I can get to pass, especially my first time around. Hopefully if I ever need to be admitted to another bar I'll either get reciprocity (which I hear most states don't have) or be in a more confident position for the exam.

It comes down to a matter of overkill. You'll find that you will be better served by reading the materials, going through the drills and so on. You'll have more than enough to work through with one review program, regardless of who's footing the expense.

As for reciprocity, I've gotten into a few state Bars that way, but have taken far more Bars than reciprocity provides. By the way, Pennsylvania shares reciprocity with Texas - a good thing to acquire regardless of whether you need it; at a minimum, it also looks good on letterhead.

sleepin an hour a night and wndering about the meaning of life?

God help me the cigar is a soothing feeling @ 330 am.

Capt mark.