• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For people who have smoked both- RASS VS PSD4

fkim119

I'm curious to what this board prefers that have smoked both the RASS and PSD4.

The other board seems to favor PSD4. I only have have experiences in smoking the PSD4 about a couple dozen times. I love it.

But as I get deeper into this board, there seems to be a lot of love for the RASS.

So my question is this. To the people who have experience both cigars, which do you prefer and what are the key differences between them?

I am trying to get my hands on some RASS so I can do my own shake on it, but untill then I'm curious as to what this board has to say.

TIA.
Frank

I prefer the aged RASS to aged PSD4.. When young though, I prefer the PSD4 to the RASS.

I like the PSD4 actually.

Also, curious and Im simply asking, but what other board? I just didn't understand the reference...

I haven't smoked as many RASS as PSD4s, I enjoyed what I have tried but I prefer the PSDs.

I don't know the etiquette on this board quite yet since I am new but the other forum is Cigaraficionado. 

fkim119 said:
I don't know the etiquette on this board quite yet since I am new but the other forum is CA. 
Roger that, I'm sorry, but I don't know what CA is. As far as etiquette and all that, it's just basic common sense. Also it's a good idea to read the Newbie Guide posted above the "Introduce Yourself Here" area so you know the rules of the house bro. Welcome to CP! :thumbs:

The PSD4 is classic Partagas, it's got that great pepperiness, but you can find that in other CCs that are not part of the Partagas marca as well.  The stewed fruit taste that you get in a nicely aged RASS, you can't get anywhere else.  At least not that I've experienced.  

thechenman said:
The PSD4 is classic Partagas, it's got that great pepperiness, but you can find that in other CCs that are not part of the Partagas marca as well.  The stewed fruit taste that you get in a nicely aged RASS, you can't get anywhere else.  At least not that I've experienced.  

This is exactly the response I was looking for. So the taste of the RASS cannot be duplicated by lesser cigars....

I have to say though, the PSD4 is still a gem.

At this time I like the PSD4 better but I have not had a ton of RASS!

Personal preference in a nutshell. You have to smoke them over a period of time to see what you like. Taste wise they differ, in my opinion PSD4 is a great after dinner cigar and will smoke better with age. The current version of the RASS can be smoked fresh and is a great value. YMMV.

fkim119 said:
I'm curious to what this board prefers that have smoked both the RASS and PSD4.

The other board seems to favor PSD4. I only have have experiences in smoking the PSD4 about a couple dozen times. I love it.

But as I get deeper into this board, there seems to be a lot of love for the RASS.

So my question is this. To the people who have experience both cigars, which do you prefer and what are the key differences between them?

I am trying to get my hands on some RASS so I can do my own shake on it, but untill then I'm curious as to what this board has to say.

TIA.
Frank

I drink coffee anytime during the day. I don't always drink the same kind of coffee anytime during the day. Why?

I've yet to have a RASS that was satisfying.  Always seemed a little bitter despite being 3 years post box date.  PSD4, lighter than I expected, but a nice smoke.

I'm more of a RASS guy.  I've only had a fiver or so of the PSD4, and they weren't really full-bodied enough for me.  Tasty, but not strong enough---that's a common complaint with me when it comes to Habanos, though.  I like asskickers, and Cuba doesn't really seem to make any. A nice twangy young RASS, though---that's a nice smoke.

~Boar

"Not a NIce Person," did you say something??? You're avatar pic has me dazed!

Look at that rack? Wait what are we talking about again?

I prefer RASS and it's spice and nutmeg to PSD4 and it's pepper. That said, scotch with the RASS, Rum with the PSD4 (HP 18 and Zacapa 23).