• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For Sale Bob's Spring Pipe Purge

rramstad

Hey there. I'm going to be selling off a whole bunch (at least 50) estate pipes starting later this week. The plan is to do an odd reverse auction type of deal, where I'll start everything off at $30 per pipe including US shipping with a discount for multiple pipe purchases, and then reduce the $$ by a few bucks every day until either everything is gone or until I get down to something silly like $5 per pipe. (At that point I'll lump everything left into one or two lots, and start them off at some reasonable number, and go down from there.)

Anyone who wants to participate can... but for those who are serious bargain hounds, feel free to send me your email address, and I'll put you on an email list so that when I update the web page with the new lower $$, you'll know right away. (I typically only get on this board every three or four days.)

I've been buying lots of estate pipes over the last two years, and I'm sure there'll be some good values in this group. They'll all be exactly as I bought them, which of course means most of them will require a good clean and polish.

(In a month or so I will probably follow this up with a batch of slightly more expensive pipes which have been cleaned and polished and are ready to go.)

Enjoy!

-- Bob

Images and short descriptions of pipes are up at

http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/ForSale/pipepurge2010.html

As noted, this is a reverse auction, prices will be dropping every day until everything is gone.

If you want to be notified of price drops, please get me your email address and I will add you to my list, and you will know immediately when I lower the price.

Thanks!

I want all of them! Too hard to choose, but because I'm a lazy bastard, I will wait for the sale of the pipes that have been cleaned and polished. Thanks for posting this Bob!

I want all of them! Too hard to choose, but because I'm a lazy bastard, I will wait for the sale of the pipes that have been cleaned and polished. Thanks for posting this Bob!

No worries. Yeah, I have a number of pipes that were cleaned, smoked a bit, and then never really caught on. I need to take an afternoon and give them another round of cleaning. It'll probably happen around the end of the month. Figured I'd get through the quantity first, so I can see the trees in the forest...

Hey this is great! :thumbs:
How does one clean those pipe in order to start using them?

Do I need some special equipment?

Hey this is great! :thumbs:
How does one clean those pipe in order to start using them?

Do I need some special equipment?

Really, it's a matter of personal taste. Some people do a full restoration which can involve lots of equipment and products. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to make an estate pipe sanitary -- clean out the bowl as much as desired (if there is a lot of build up, you can use a dowel wrapped with sand paper to get most of it out), wipe the inside of the bowl down with alcohol (not denatured or ethyl, but anything else is fine, including isopropyl), and run some alcohol soaked pipe cleaners through the stem and shank into the bowl. That's enough to make the pipe smokable. People will do a lot of other things -- some of which are merely cosmetic, others involve more of a deep cleaning -- but at the very basic end of it, all you need is some alcohol (even rum or bourbon or vodka) and pipe cleaners to get the inside sanitary.

Hope this helps. Do some searches online and you'll see tons of opinions on this...

FYI, things are going well, quite a few pipes sold, but over 60
left... and the current price is $25 for the first pipe and $22 for
each additional... lots of good deals... prices go down $5 tomorrow
afternoon on everything that's left...

http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/ForSale/pipepurge2010.html

This was an awesome sale. Thanks Bob. I cant wait to get my pipes!

You are welcome. I'm going to be doing a bunch of packing later today, and yours is first on the list...

Hey Bob, any idea on when you will be doing the next auction that Souldog was talking about? :)

Hey Bob, any idea on when you will be doing the next auction that Souldog was talking about? :)

Vaguely, but it isn't going to be an auction. I'm going to be thinning my active rotatation. These pipes will be clean, ready to smoke, and probably run from around $35 on the low end to probably $80 or so on the top. Not an auction, fixed prices.

I suspect I'll be doing that in a couple weeks. I've got a few set aside already, but need to go through my Virginia and burley pipes, and am still dealing with a few late payments from the pipe purge.

Vaguely, but it isn't going to be an auction. I'm going to be thinning my active rotatation. These pipes will be clean, ready to smoke, and probably run from around $35 on the low end to probably $80 or so on the top. Not an auction, fixed prices.

I suspect I'll be doing that in a couple weeks. I've got a few set aside already, but need to go through my Virginia and burley pipes, and am still dealing with a few late payments from the pipe purge.

Not from anyone on this board, I hope.

Not from anyone on this board, I hope.

Actually, yes, but it's not a big deal. There's always something. I think I ended up with 22 people and that's a lot of people. I'm waiting on payments from three, I think. Everyone has been communicating, so I'm sure it'll be fine, and suspect that $$ will turn up soon and the last few packages will go in the mail by the end of the week. No worries.

OK.

I hope they get it in gear and get your payment to you.

I'm looking forward to seeing your future offerings. I wasn't in the market with your last batch, but I've got the itch now.

Looking forward to it! :thumbs:

So tempted to jump in head first but know nothing about pipes. I guess its going to be another wasted day at work surfing the web. :whistling:

Pipe received today. Looks nice, now just have to read up on how to clean it up :)

Any word on this happening anytime soon? :)

Any word on this happening anytime soon? :)

Oh, that's funny. Yeah, this kind of dropped off the face of the planet, didn't it?

It's still on my radar, but got put aside for a while. I'm putting an addition on my house (so I can smoke in comfort) and have been coaching a kid's football team for the last three and a half months, so it's been really busy around here.

I probably have fifteen pipes set aside for the sale so far, and want to have thirty to forty to make it worth the hassle. I also worry that this time of year is bad for selling pipes as everyone is tied up with the holidays.

I will certainly post here -- new thread of course -- when I am getting ready to do it!

-- Bob

Cool! Thanks for the update Bob! May I send you a PM for the pipes you do have?