• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For the surfers

wam79

For the surfers
The big waves showed up on the north shore
art2c.jpg

more here
Watching elite surfers on a big wave is like seeing elite drivers
on the track

Bill

This is Wade when he says "I've been working hard" :D :D :D

bfreebern said:
Oh to live in Hawaii, lol.
[snapback]149534[/snapback]​
Vacation is better
Living here means working here ;)
I had to read about the waves in the paper too :D LOL

Bill

LMAO, surfer snobs as opposed to cigar snobs :D

Contests by invite only....... :laugh:

Probably got their own website too :0 :0

Well, I think I could handle working there, as long as my nights and weekends were free!

COOL!!! I always dreamed of being a surfer, but living in Illinois hindered that dream a bit! LMAO!!! I heard you guys had a potential for like 50' swells. Amazing! I hope we didn't lose any top surfers this time!

I don't how these guys do it. Just to paddle out in that sh*t is crazy. I can't image dropping in on a 30 ft. wave. During a good hurricane swell here in N.C. waves will sometimes reach 12-15 ft. (they get bigger but, they become unrideable as the storm approaches) I've surfed 10-12 ft. waves several times and it can be scary. You fall or wipeout it's like being in a washing machine. The undertow, the current and the wave just tosses your body around underwater like crazy. Plus lots of times after you wipeout you get the wind knocked out of you so, your also trying to reach the water's surface to get your breath back. Also, you have to worry about your board hitting you or your head hitting the bottom. But, to me and all the other idiots all the waves that you don't eat sh*t on....make it all worth it. :thumbs:

I've been asked several times by friends and family....

Right before you paddle out....you stand on the beach with your head down for about 30 seconds....What the hell are you doing???

Answer.....Praying ;)

On our last trip out, we decided to visit the North Shore. That day they were only like 30 ft. Looked like butterscotch pudding in a blender!!

Only place I've ever seen where the lifeguards had jet skis! :laugh:

I think I saw the lifeguards praying too...praying they wouldn't have to go out in that! :D

surferonthecrystalcoast said:
I don't how these guys do it. Just to paddle out in that sh*t is crazy.
definitely. but it's a good thing that the initial paddle out on a 10 foot (or above) day at a break like pipe or sunset or waimea bay is probably easier than the paddle out on 5 foot day at just about any beach break, since most spots on the north shore have a reef which creates a channel where no waves break. it's once somebody gets into the line-up and drops into one of the monsters that they better know what the hell they're doing! :0

puffnstuff said:
surferonthecrystalcoast said:
I don't how these guys do it. Just to paddle out in that sh*t is crazy.
definitely. but it's a good thing that the initial paddle out on a 10 foot (or above) day at a break like pipe or sunset or waimea bay is probably easier than the paddle out on 5 foot day at just about any beach break, since most spots on the north shore have a reef which creates a channel where no waves break. it's once somebody gets into the line-up and drops into one of the monsters that they better know what the hell they're doing! :0
[snapback]149563[/snapback]​

good point emmett.... ;)