• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For those of you you smoke in the car...

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Do you hang than hand holding the cigar out the window? I find this keeps the cabin clean of second-hand smoke and keeps the odor down.

Nope I just smoke with a small crack in the window unless my girlfriend is riding with me. Looks like Cheech and Chong riding down the road.

Triple_D said:
Nope I just smoke with a small crack in the window unless my girlfriend is riding with me. Looks like Cheech and Chong riding down the road.
:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I too crack the windows. Works great :D

Crack the drivers-side window and turn on heat/vent to floor. Keeps most of the smoke out.

Don't leave butts or ashes in the ashtray and I use Febreeze, it works!

my car doesn't have an ashtray so another aspect is the convenience of the wind blowing off the ash. no need to monitor it or anything.

also the wind blowing by keeps even the most stubborn cigar lit.

needless to say you need good gloves!

Lumberg said:
my car doesn't have an ashtray so another aspect is the convenience of the wind blowing off the ash. no need to monitor it or anything.

Let me see if I've got the picture: Lumberg is driving down the road at 65 mph ... his window is down ... its 10 degrees fahrenheit outside ... every square inch of his body is heavily bundled, including a full mask that covers his face and head ... tightly clenched between the leather-gloved index and middle fingers of his left hand is a brightly lit Opus X ... and beneath the mask he wears only a smile. Seems pretty normal to me. :lookup:

Thank God we cigar smokers are not eccentric. ROTFLMAO! :D

BACCHUS said:
Lumberg said:
my car doesn't have an ashtray so another aspect is the convenience of the wind blowing off the ash.  no need to monitor it or anything.

Let me see if I've got the picture: Lumberg is driving down the road at 65 mph ... his window is down ... its 10 degrees fahrenheit outside ... every square inch of his body is heavily bundled, including a full mask that covers his face and head ... tightly clenched between the leather-gloved index and middle fingers of his left hand is a brightly lit Opus X ... and beneath the mask he wears only a smile. Seems pretty normal to me. :lookup:

Thank God we cigar smokers are not eccentric. ROTFLMAO! :D
TFF :sign: :sign: :sign:

my car doesn't have an ashtray

They make cars without ashtrays? What do you drive?

I just crack the window and as Lee said, I never leave butts in the ashtray and I empty the ashtray everyday.

Lumberg said:
Get a cupholder ashtray.

I try to avoid smoking in the car, but of course, I break my own rules :sign:

Today is was 72 degrees in Dallas :D so with the sun roof open and the windows all up, the smoke got sucked right out the top :) Then of course, to ash the cigar it was merely a matter of raising it up through the roof- the wind does the work for you ;)

HOWEVER, when I smoke with the roof closed, and just the window cracked- I do notice odor sometimes, I find a box of arm and hammer left in over night works wonders :)

:thumbs: Toaster

one good bit of advice i learned. dont have your vent sent on recirulate.. you want fresh air comming in. that way no cigar smoke gets in your vents!

as for an ash try, i find a cup in the cup holder works the best!

the cup holder

Y'all must have dem modern cars or sumptin' 'cause none of my cars have dem new-fangled fancy cup holder thingies!! :D

Ya think it might have something to do with the fact that the newest car I drive is a 1987 ???

Maybe............................?

Window down about 3", flick the ashes out of the window, don't use an ashtray. The car is the only place I smoke M-F on my drive home and I don't care what it smells like, if the wife and I need to go somewhere we take her car :)

I'm with cc on that one, I don't have a cupholder either!

'89 Nissan Sentra, it may have been equipped with an ashtrey initially but it wasn't there by the time I bought it!

In winter I turn the heat to my feet and crack the driver side window about 3". When the temps are tolerable though I usually crack the passenger window a bit and open the rear slider or back side vented windows on the extended cab...God bless the USA and Pick-up Trucks!!!!

GITTY UP!!

;) I know this is a gar site but does anyone smoke a pipe in the truck/car? I used to until one time while driving home from work a sneeze crept up on me and I still had the pipe in my mouth! HOLLY COW!!!! I had to pull off the road and get the cherry out of my seat!

WORD OF ADVICE...STICK WITH CIGARS

It has been awhile since I have acctually driven my OWN car by MYSELF. But back when I could drive I would just Open the sunroof and crack the windows.

As far as ash, I am with everyone else the wind handles that for you. Here is what most of you need to understand. When I smoke a cigar in the car it was usually during the HORRIBLE bay area traffic. It takes me like 1.5 hrs to go 15-20 miles. I am pretty much under 20 miles and hour the whole time. Perfect environment to smoke a cigar IMO.

I never noticed a smell, in fact my 03 elantra still smells new.........

I think I'll proly get one of those Car sized Ionizers when I get my liscense back so it doesnt start to smell, but then again it is not an expensive car....and I just bought it to mob around the city W/O worring about scratches or dents, ect, ect.

So I proly shouldnt care......

Phil

PhatAsh said:
;) I know this is a gar site but does anyone smoke a pipe in the truck/car? I used to until one time while driving home from work a sneeze crept up on me and I still had the pipe in my mouth! HOLLY COW!!!! I had to pull off the road and get the cherry out of my seat!

WORD OF ADVICE...STICK WITH CIGARS
ROTFLMAO!!!

coventrycat86 said:
the cup holder

Y'all must have dem modern cars or sumptin' 'cause none of my cars have dem new-fangled fancy cup holder thingies!! :D

Ya think it might have something to do with the fact that the newest car I drive is a 1987 ???

Maybe............................?
I have a '93 than has an ashtray......actually 3 of them. There is one on each rear door :D