• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For Those Who Serve and Have Served

Herfin Bigdog

Please see the link below to a very moving Memorial Day Tribute produced by the folks of the Visual Information Directorate in the Navy Medical Support Command, Bethesda Detatchment.

TRIBUTE

Your Welcome, and thanks to the brave men and women serving now!

Nice film!

*edit* due to a Freudian slip :blush:

Your welcome and my thanks to my friends, brothers and sisters who still serve.

Seth

Very touching...Although a day of remembrance for those who have served. Lets not forget the loved ones who have sacrificed so much.

Semper Fi all !!!!!!!

I remember the first time a civilian thanked me for my service. I almost punched him. I thought he was f@#kin' with me. This of course was at the time our country was welcoming home it's Viet Nam veterans. Rather belatedly, I might add.

I never felt the need for gratitude. My Country owes me nothing. I owed it. I had a great time. I got to have experiences and relationships that civilians can only dream about and I'm a member of a Brotherhood that few can claim membership. None the less, I appreciate your thoughts on this Memorial day. My thoughts on this Memorial day will be with the over 400 Corpsman who didn't come home from that god awful green suck.

Semper Gumby
Doc.

All My Thanks To Those Who Have Served Or Are Serving. All My Best To The Families Too!

Cheers,
antaean

Would not have traded the experience for anything in the world.

While my high school buddies were back home still getting stoned and flunking out of college, I was in boot camp getting that kick in the ass I needed.
I got into a lot of trouble in my school days and, never got very good grades. All of that changed after the Marines.

I feel the other way around...............Like I owe them the thanks.

Doc,
I went to my sons kindergarten class play the other night. Met his teacher and, her husband was there. He's a Navy Corpsman who is stationed at the Basic School Quantico right now. He was a nice young man who did a stint in Iraq when this war first broke out. He went on to tell me some stories during our conversation that blew me away. I know all the scenarios were all different but, made me think of you and wonder about the experiences you had during your service.

I remember the first time a civilian thanked me for my service. I almost punched him. I thought he was f@#kin' with me. This of course was at the time our country was welcoming home it's Viet Nam veterans. Rather belatedly, I might add.

I never felt the need for gratitude. My Country owes me nothing. I owed it. I had a great time. I got to have experiences and relationships that civilians can only dream about and I'm a member of a Brotherhood that few can claim membership. None the less, I appreciate your thoughts on this Memorial day. My thoughts on this Memorial day will be with the over 400 Corpsman who didn't come home from that god awful green suck.

Semper Gumby
Doc.

:thumbs:

Very well put Doc.

Well put Doc.

Today I think of my Grandfathers, WWII, my Uncle Vietnam, Father Navy, sister her husband Navy.

I think of how there is NO car bomber going to drive up to the front of starbucks or a mortar attack. I look out at all the support lining the streets of Farmington Hills as the veterans parade roles through. Than I remember this group of ethnically divers back ground will forget the effort these man and woman put in serving our country just so they can enjoy there freedom.

This guy however has not forgotten.

link

Back