• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For those who served pass

emodx

Banned
Well I finally have time to host another pass. Woo hoo! I love hosting passes. This one is going to be open in this order for:
1. Active Duty Military and Active Reserves
2. Active EMS, Fire Dept, and Police
3. Active Civilian employees of Federal, State, County, or City
4. Retired Military
5. Retired EMS, Fire Dept, and Police
6. Retired Civilian employees of Federal, State, County, or City
7. Anyone who has served his country in any of the above capacities and was released from duty on a general discharge or better or the equivalent civilian release. To include Inactive Ready Reserve.

Whew... So first off, I want to thank everyone personally. I truely know the sacrifice each and every one of you made for your country and communities. Bless you and bless the US of A.

I want to try and accomodate everyone who wants to participate in the pass. While I know this may prove to be a logisitic nightmare, I do have a few innovative ideas which could make it work. More about that later.

I plan on putting together a box pass with a wide variety of cigars. You'll see cigars in the range of $1 - $15. The only thing I ask is that they ALL BE GOOD CIGARS. You may ask how a $1 cigar could be good. Have you ever had a 3 y/o Connie #9 that was stored at 70 F and %65 RH? Or a 2 y/o ERDM Robusto Larga or a 3 y/o MMMM? Well, if you qualify for my pass, then you probably have those exact same cigars in your igloo right now.

I'l get into the finer details of my pass later. But for now, I need a volunteer to be a co-host with me. Being that I am active duty, I don't always have access to the internet in all its glory. So if you have hosted a pass or 3, please give it consideration. Please show interest by posting in this thread and not by PM'ing me. Don't post any info except by stating which line item you fall under. I will contact each one of you by PM for the info I need. So for instance, if your name was Batchief, you would just reply:

I would like to be in your pass. I fall under catagory 2.

I want to get this thing on the road within 2 weeks. A portion of this pass will go to CPI. I will evaluate the final box FWIW, and supplement CPI to cover any gaps CPI has at the time. Thanks for looking.

Emo

The players so far:
Tone-ny
Treamayne
BenjieV
CaptainB
CigarSarge
Ggiese
Skydivenkd
Surferonthecrystalcoast
AVB
Shadow
Mephiston

coventrycat86 said:
Well I'm 0 for 7 :(

Oh well.......
[snapback]164749[/snapback]​
Feel free to comment on the happenings of the pass and guide it on its journey. but absolutely no spell checking allowed Ms. Crabtree. Many of us grunts didn't receive a college education. Just an education from the school of life. :blush:

emodx said:
coventrycat86 said:

Oh well.......
Feel free to comment on the happenings of the pass and guide it on its journey. but absolutely no spell checking allowed Ms. Crabtree. Many of us grunts didn't receive a college education. Just an education from the school of life. :blush:
[snapback]164750[/snapback]​

Yeah but I'd bet 99% of the members here finished the 8th grade :D

You don't need a college education for spelling ;) That's usually covered in elementary school.

Besides, you spell just fine there Coasty :p

I would like to be in your pass. I fall under catagory 2. :thumbs:

There - I said it!!!!

I'd be willing to help - I've not hosted a pass, I'm willing to learn and kinda get the idea....

coventrycat86 said:
You don't need a college education for spelling ;) That's usually covered in elementary school.

[snapback]164755[/snapback]​

CC - I don't know if you've seen the quality of what's coming out of the elementary schools lately, but even high school and a fair number of college grads don't have a grasp on grammar and spelling. It's rather unsettling... ???

I'd like to be in your pass. I fall under category 5.

And I'm your huckleberry, uh, no scratch that! I'll volunteer to help you out Emo. LMK

coventrycat86 said:

Oh well.......

Ditto. My grandpa and dad were both in the Navy. Nothing like breaking a family tradition I guess :(

Good luck on the pass Emo. I'll be watching along w/ Bill.

I'm interested.... #1 applies.

I'd volunteer to help but will likely have similar problems myself looking at 6 of the next 9 weeks gone, I'll also have to deconflict line-up so I'll be here for the box.

Your virtual Pass idea may be useful both ways.....

I'm in. #4 on your list. Thanks!

Ok, I fall into category #2 and #7. I would love to participate in your pass however, helping host would be a disaster. I have my plate QUITE full right now and don't have much time. Sorry! ???

Good luck with this thing. I look forward to a successful, event-free pass! :whistling:

Floyd T. :sign:

I am going to close it of early Saturday morning and hope to have it on the road Tuesday morning.

Emo