• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ford Bronco 6th Generation

Welp, Ford pushed back ordering from Dec 5 to sometime in January. Delivery is pushed from May/June to 'Summer" which I estimate as Aug/Sep. At that point, I wait to get a '22 model. Still like the new Bronco, still want one, but damn Ford makes it hard.

Welp, Ford pushed back ordering from Dec 5 to sometime in January. Delivery is pushed from May/June to 'Summer" which I estimate as Aug/Sep. At that point, I wait to get a '22 model. Still like the new Bronco, still want one, but damn Ford makes it hard.

Shit, buddy of mine waited something like 450 days to get the new 'vette.

Eh, COVID strikes, again. I'm guessing that their supply chain got twisted up with all the shutdowns and restrictions. Sucks, but I don't put too much hate on Ford with this one.

Love the bronco is back, but really wished it was more like the old bronco. Don’t even get me started on the new ev hummer lol

Love the bronco is back, but really wished it was more like the old bronco. Don’t even get me started on the new ev hummer lol

I'm not sure what all else you could have asked from Ford on this one, in my opinion. I think there were boxes they had to check or safety regulations, boxes they had to check to compete with JL capabilities/comfort/convenience, and boxes they had to check for classic aesthetic inspiration -- and I personally think they knocked it out of the park. Honest question: what would you have liked to have see them do different with it (keeping in mind that designers/engineers did have to meet current safety regulations, which Ford did not have to do in the 60s, or whenever)?

. Honest question: what would you have liked to have see them do different with it (keeping in mind that designers/engineers did have to meet current safety regulations, which Ford did not have to do in the 60s, or whenever)?

Base it on a F150 frame.
Offer it with the Coyote or Godzilla.

Base it on a F150 frame.
Offer it with the Coyote or Godzilla.

On a full-size truck frame, now we're looking at a whole different class of vehicle that no longer goes head to head with the JL.

I'm with you on the drivetrain. There were rumors that patents and other "futures" were in place for a V-8, discovered deep in paperwork details. However, those were (of course) denied, denied, denied by Ford. My guess is that Ford antes up to the Jeep 392 in a 2022 model, if not announced earlier.

The EV Hummer is honestly the only new electric vehicle I am actually excited about.

Now that Nikola is dead, I'm with you on this one. I don't believe I'd buy one even if I had the money and were in the market, but it is the "safe leap" the EV industry needs. As much as I despise its aesthetics, I'm happy the Cyber Truck (theoretically) exists. I'm glad that this thing will be a legit option for buyers eventually. It is so far outside the bubble of jellybean CUVs and cookie cutter EV sedans. I love that someone is taking a chance with eccentricity. I see the Hummer EV as the more approachable option to the Cyber Truck. The interior is incredible, the announced capabilities of it are ridonkulous for a vehicle of its size, and the nostalgia factor is tastefully there (IMHO). Design and engineering-wise, it's a home run in my eyes. Will it sell? Who knows...

On a full-size truck frame, now we're looking at a whole different class of vehicle that no longer goes head to head with the JL.

I'm with you on the drivetrain. There were rumors that patents and other "futures" were in place for a V-8, discovered deep in paperwork details. However, those were (of course) denied, denied, denied by Ford. My guess is that Ford antes up to the Jeep 392 in a 2022 model, if not announced earlier.

I'm of the mindset that a Bronco should be based on a half ton truck. I think they are mistaken to try and play in the Jeep sandbox with a Bronco II/ Honda Ridgeline hybridization.

I'm of the mindset that a Bronco should be based on a half ton truck. I think they are mistaken to try and play in the Jeep sandbox with a Bronco II/ Honda Ridgeline hybridization.

The only problem with that is they already have a capable half ton off roader, The Raptor. Even though they would be miles a part in looks and possibly performance Ford won't risk letting one cannibalize the other.

As a lifetime Jeep owner who has owned 6 different jeeps from CJ-5's to JK's, I have to say this new Bronco is the first true challenger to the Jeep in my lifetime... The new Bronco will probably be able to do everything as good as the current Jeeps, but have better handling on the highway... And just my personal opinion , the new Bronco is sexy as hell... In year two I will be looking at the Bronco's if all goes as expected...

New 4 Door Bronco isn't a Bronco II, it is the size of the original full size... New 4 door Bronco will be longer than the old full size broncos and just as wide, stock it comes in 2" shorter but we all know a lift is the first thing going on these...