• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Forgot what I've been missing...

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I was going through some old boxes and found my pipe collection, along with some nicely aged Frog Morton pipe tobacco.  Just fired up a bowl of Frog Morton on the Bayou, and forgot how much I enjoyed pipes.  Been about 4 years since I've smoked the pipe, and decided to get back into it again.  

Also ordered the following:
  • Mississippi River
  • Butternut Burley
  • H&H Classic Burley Kake
I have some Boswell's stashed away somewhere, which I'm trying to find.

Anyways, it's great to be back!  Cigars are great, but it's difficult finding the time right now to smoke an entire cigar.  Plus, the after-smell of a pipe is more pleasing. :D

I've got an old briar pipe I used to dabble with stashed in a drawer at home. Lately I've been thinking about taking it up again and giving it a proper go. All things tobacco I guess, and as you say the smell is less... controversial. Looks like I may be doing some reading in this forum too.

I've never smoked a pipe nor have I had any family or close friends that have smoked pipes. But the aroma from pipe smokers I've been near is far more pleasant than cigars. Maybe someday I'll dabble in it.

Yeah, I had to revisit pipes, having tried them like 35 years ago, and deciding it was time to try again, especially with the ease of accessing information compared to the past attempt. It was much easier, more enjoyable, and my learning curve was drastically reduced. I still smoke cigars, but most of my workdays consist of smoking the pipe. Easier, less time restrictive, relights are light and day better, and I save a nice chunk of change if we eliminate the TAD. ;-)
G. L. Pease shares quite a bit of his knowledge, online, and his site is wonderful resource for things Pipe related.
Hope it remains enjoyable for you.

Agree on GL Pease, much info to be had there.  Pipes are a wonderful and less labor intensive way to utilize homegrown tobacco as well.  Many of the specific types of tobacco used in the manufacture of pipe tobacco is easily grown and processed at home.  Not the same with cigar tobacco.

Glad to hear of your rediscovery Rod! I've been going back and forth between pipes and cigars for awhile, but have been staying with pipes more and more as of late. There are a lot of great flavors in cigars, but there's just something about Latakia and oriental blends that you can't find anywhere else. :)