• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FOTT shorties

Giuseppe

Hey gang,
Looking for something that is somewhat smokeable after a few weeks lying down that is in the shortie atmosphere. I have the recent collection of reyes, part shorts, and RASCC and none of them appear to be that great off the truck. Anyone got something in mind, I prefer this type of vitola.

Thanks,
G

RyJ Mille Fleurs, or if you're ok with an extra week or two of waiting, PLPC.

Boli Corona Juniors or San Cristobal El Principe are my favorites. The Tat Petit Cazadorea Reserva is the best short NC I've had.

I personally love the 08 PLPC's...another good and cheap one are the Party Habaneros.

Johnny-O has some great stuff fresh... It's also very good once it's had a year to sit.

I recently picked up a box of Trini Reyes dated MAR 10 and they are smoking fantastic! Smooth and creamy with a little kick. :thumbs:

edit to add: guess I should have read the entire first post....you already have the Reyes!!! :laugh:

Johnny-O has some great stuff fresh... It's also very good once it's had a year to sit.

I picked up some Johnny-O shorts pretty recently.
For the guy who started the thread, the one I smoked the day they arrived was ok but not great right away. I had one yesterday which was 3 weeks to 1 month in the humi and it was pretty damn good. Really good. I don't know if that is FOTT enough for you, but it's not too long to wait.

Can't imagine how good they might be after a year, but I have 25 extras waiting and I am excited to find out...

ISOM's are such a crap shoot. When they're on, they can be wonderful but IMHO that happens about 30% of the time. The idea that you have to buy a box and let it sit for a couple years before it's fit to smoke seems crazy to me. Even more so gven the fantastic cigars that are available from so many different parts of the world.

These days, my favorite small smoke is the Petite Cazadores Reserva from Tatuaje. A little 4X40 firecracker....just incredible. Score a cab of those and enjoy right out of the box...!!...:thumbs: Goes great with a cup of good coffee first thing in the AM....:love:

I agree that Cubans area crap shoot. Sometimes where they are produced is as much an indicator as anything.
But the smaller vitolas tend to be more flavorful, in general. I just got some '09 Punch Coronations that were damn good OTT. The cab of '08 PLPC I bought this spring is almost history. The Party PC Especiales are tasty.