• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found 1 cigar in my humidor that had major mold

Hope you don't mind, instead of starting a new thread I thought I should add onto this one.

I was doing some rearranging in a desktop today and found mold all over the underside of a Padron 80th, but only where the openings for the tray slats were. I wiped it off, none on the foot, and I'll torch it later today.

After I searched the rest of the cigars and cleaned the tray I lifted out the bag of beads and found all sorts of mold growing on the bottom of the mesh bag and humidor floor where it was sitting. :angry:

Used some bleach and cleaned the area and replaced the beads with a new bag. We had fairly high humidity here a couple weeks back, I'm hoping that was the ultimate cause.

Do you guys keep your bags elevated at all?

I don't keep mine elevated but I usually use a paper towel to dry the outside of the bags before I put them back in the humidor after spraying them. Also when it's been humid like it has been here I usually take them out when they are mostly clear and let them dry 3/4 out before putting them back in. However I've only been using them for a few months so this may not really be all that helpful to you.

Your package is on the way. Check your PM for the DC number.

Got the package and Larry was quite generous to say the least. Thank you!

Forgot to mention, I did the "tap test" on that Oliva and it was clean.

Thanks again Larry!