• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found a cigar in my bag.

DexterMorgan

I forgot my friend gave me a cigar and I put it in my bag. Anyways I found it today and it is in the plastic wrap. I took it out and it smelled fine, but it was a bit hard. What can I do to restore it so I can smoke it?
Thanks

How long was it in the bag? Was it just in cello or in a baggie? Do you like dry cigars? So many questions....

It was cellophane, and a couple months. And no I do not like dry cigars.
Without seeing a pic. The only way that I would NOT trash this cigar is if it is something really special or if it is not cracked or anything.

I threw it out. It was $2 from a convenience store. It's just the only one I had today and though it might be worth a shot reviving it.

Shoulda smoked it. It can't be worse than the black and mild i pulled outta my golf bag a couple years back...that had been in it a year or so lol.

If it was a special cigar and not out of a humi TO long, you could put it in a tupperware container or baggie and SLOWLY raise the humidity in the container, by introducing small amounts of humidity at a time. and try to revive it. After it gets dry it starts to lose the essential oils and such hence loses the majority of it's flavor.

Just to add...

I typed in "revive dry cigar" in the search bar at the top of the page and immediately got this:

Neglected cigars

To answer your question: Horrible. But I had to try it lol.

To answer your question: Horrible. But I had to try it lol.

Ahh another Darwin Award Runner Up....
laugh.gif

I was on temporary duty in Southern Turkey awhile back when I made the mistake of asking my hosts if they had any cigars... they ran into the back room and came out with half a box of Philly Blunts that were dryed out and flaking... and since I asked and they produced I smoked it and took one for God and Country... it took 4 shots of Rocky to get that horrible taste out of my mouth (so to speak). It took a bottle of gatorade and 6 Excedrin to recover from the Rocky and the beer
tongue.gif

I was on temporary duty in Southern Turkey awhile back when I made the mistake of asking my hosts if they had any cigars... they ran into the back room and came out with half a box of Philly Blunts that were dryed out and flaking... and since I asked and they produced I smoked it and took one for God and Country... it took 4 shots of Rocky to get that horrible taste out of my mouth (so to speak). It took a bottle of gatorade and 6 Excedrin to recover from the Rocky and the beer
tongue.gif

^^^ POTM