• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Four Roses Limited Edition 40th Anniversary group buy possibility

IanHummel

I was down at UK today to see my step brother and went into a liquor store where I delightfully saw a shelf full of Four Roses bottles. I picked up a Single Barrel for $30.99 that also included two rocks glasses. Next to the Single Barrel was a spot for the Limited Edition, however it was empty. The store clerk said to come back on Tuesday and he would have some more. Here is what I propose:

I live in Cincinnati, so Lexington is about an hour and a half away. I can call on Tuesday AM, see how many bottles they are getting, hold as many as I can, and go down there and get them. I would just ultimately need to be reimbursed for my gas (there are a couple smokes I'm looking to try, hint hint. :) ), but other than that, I can do it for you all. How many would be interested? Once I get a count I will call Tuesday morning and we can take things from there.

Ian

I did a review of this here. I have also heard that some of the other barrels did come out better then the 15-1B that I have.

Yeah I saw your review. I'm having my 1st glass of the single barrel right now and I'm loving it. I'm about to fire up a Siglo IV with it and go on the balcony.

I would be interested in this, let me know a price and what smokes you are looking to try.

Nate

I'm also interested!~
Let me know the price and what you are looking for~

Chris

Price if I remember correctly was right at $60. So you would have to pay $60+shipping.

As far as the cigars go, I have some listed in my profile that I've been eager to try. For now, lets just take a step back and see how many bottles I can get Tuesday if any.

I'm going to call tomorrow am and see the status of the 40th bottles. If they indeed have them in stock then I'll make the drive in the am.

I had a feeling the guy I spoke with over the weekend didn't have a clue, and I was right. They don't have any and won't ever have anymore. It was a long shot, but I tried.

Karma returns to those who try to help others.

I have been promised two bottles froma barrel selected by the KY Bourbon Society and the bottles carry their logo. Supposedly, these bottles were never sold commercially, you have to be a member or have an "in' with a member.

I have a friend that has a few bottles and promised me two. I don't drink. I wanted them for the specfic purpose of tradingfor cigars. I will bump this thread when (and if because sometimes promises never get filled) I have them in my possesion. I have been promised two but will try to get four. I will post the trade in the marketplace section.

Are you sure that isn't the Kentucky Barrel Society? There is a Bardstown Bourbon Society but I don't know of a Kentucky Bourbon Society besides this guy trying to make a few bucks.

I have been promised two bottles from a barrel selected by the KY Bourbon Society and the bottles carry their logo. Supposedly, these bottles were never sold commercially, you have to be a member or have an "in' with a member.
<snip>

Are you sure that isn't the Kentucky Barrel Society? There is a Bardstown Bourbon Society but I don't know of a Kentucky Bourbon Society besides this guy trying to make a few bucks.

I have been promised two bottles from a barrel selected by the KY Bourbon Society and the bottles carry their logo. Supposedly, these bottles were never sold commercially, you have to be a member or have an "in' with a member.
<snip>

I have four bottles but Ian Hummel has dibs on the first one. I want to trade the other three for cigars. Should I post it as a virtual pass or as a trade in the Marketplace?

The picture sucks but you probably can make it out. The lower label says 750 ML 50%alc/Vol wharehouse No. TN Barrel No 85-4B
whisky1.jpg

Here is the bourbon Societly label on the side. The fine print at the bottom of the label says Est. 06 Louisville, KY.

wiskey2.jpg

I gotsa question, may be a pert near stupid one, but askin' none the same. What's the usual price on the plain ol' yellow label four roses? Local store's got 'em at $12.50 a fifth. Is that something completely different than the single b?

I gotsa question, may be a pert near stupid one, but askin' none the same. What's the usual price on the plain ol' yellow label four roses? Local store's got 'em at $12.50 a fifth. Is that something completely different than the single b?

I got these from a friend that runs a charity, he does events with cigars and Bourbon tasting. He says this is the really good stuff and you have to be a member or have an "IN" to get a bottle. I quit drinking 21 years ago so I don't have a clue. The regular single barrel like Iam Hummel was chasing is just over $30 retail, I believe that is what he said in the OP.

I got these from a friend that runs a charity, he does events with cigars and Bourbon tasting. He says this is the really good stuff and you have to be a member or have an "IN" to get a bottle. I quit drinking 21 years ago so I don't have a clue. The regular single barrel like Iam Hummel was chasing is just over $30 retail, I believe that is what he said in the OP.

Three are gone.

<snip>

I have four bottles but Ian Hummel has dibs on the first one. I want to trade the other three for cigars. Should I post it as a virtual pass or as a trade in the Marketplace?

The picture sucks but you probably can make it out. The lower label says 750 ML 50%alc/Vol wharehouse No. TN Barrel No 85-4B
whisky1.jpg

Here is the bourbon Societly label on the side. The fine print at the bottom of the label says Est. 06 Louisville, KY.

wiskey2.jpg

Steamboat,
The bottles that we were talking about were the The 40th anniversary bottles that look like this:
Four%20Roses%20Rutledge%2040th.JPG

It looks like what you have is a slight variation of the Single Barrel bottles. Since these were not sold in stores, I'm sure you may find a collector that would definitely be interested in these.

The bottling Steamboat has is a regular Single barrel (i.e. not a 40th ) that has bee selected by the Bardstown Bourbon Society for their members. Unlike the standard single barrel this is completely unfiltered while the normal release is, I believe, only screen filtered. Because of the limited number all of these should be of a high level of consistency more so then the standard bottling which will very a bit from barrel to barrel. Certainly worth the $30-35.

Four roses Yellow label is a completely different product.