• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Four Roses Limited Edition 40th Anniversary group buy possibility

Alright, while doing a little research, I contacted the Party Source which is a massive alcohol and tobacco warehouse type venue. They actually have a special blend of Four Roses that is unique to their store only. Here is some information:

Four Roses has done its first custom bottling for a retailer, the Party Source in Bellevue, Kentucky (just across the river from Cincinnati). This is similar to the Buffalo Trace program, i.e., in return for buying the contents of a whole barrel, the retailer gets to pick the barrel. It's in the Four Roses Single Barrel packaging and is the same mash bill, the 35% rye one, and the same age, but the yeast is different. Nice wrinkle, since that's something BT can't do. According to Party Source, this is the first-ever private bottling of Four Roses.

I have spoke with a couple individuals who have tried this version and they have said there definitely is a taste difference. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

All four bottles are gone. I have one guy deciding and another with Dibs on so either way, we should be done.

The Four Roses Jim Rutledge 40th Anniversary bottles are still available at some stores in Louisville. The bottles are usually from barrel 17-1D. The price varies from $58 to $63. Send me a PM if you want info on which stores still have bottles available.

The Four Roses Single Barrel that was bottled for The Bourbon Society was selected at the Cox Creek facility in July of 2007. Members of the Bourbon Society tasted samples from 12 barrels of the regular Single Barrel mash/yeast combo. Jim Rutledge agreed to bottle the bourbon unchill filtered. The yield was approximately 220 bottles. The bourbon was shipped to Old Town Wine and Spirits in Louisville and held for pickup by Bourbon Society Members. I have traded some of my bottles for dusty 1.75s that I use for non-profit conservation fund raisers. PM if interested in a trade.

Four Roses Single Barrel is on sale at Liquor Barn in Louisville for $26.

The Four Roses Yellow Label was reblended recently and was introduced in bottles with a new label. The new Yellow label is regarded by most of the local bourbon enthusiast as a much better bourbon than the previous blend.

Four Roses is now available in NY and in TN.

Thanks for the info. Why don't you do an introduction in the proper forum and fill out your profile so we can get to know you.

Thanks for the info. Why don't you do an introduction in the proper forum and fill out your profile so we can get to know you.

cubacroc is a member of the Bardstown Bourbon Society and invited me to a meeting. I dropped in for a moment or two but left before the meeting began. Great bunch of people and the food at Bourbon's Bistro was really good.

I actually left before cubacroc could get there but seeing as I was headed to our regular Monday night smoker, I didn't stick around long. It turned out to be a pretty good night. I had a really good dinner, started smoking a God of Fire out on the patio and when I got to the smoker they had a Padilla 1932 if I remember the numbers correctly with my name on it, that was amazing.

Hey Steamboat, you had dinner and visited with members of The Bourbon Society, not the Bardstown Bourbon Society. The Bourbon Society is a non-profit organization located in Louisville, KY. Fine cigars are part of our meetings and events whenever possible.

The Four Roses Single Barrel that was bottled for The Bourbon Society was selected by members of the Bourbon Society at the Cox Creek facility in July of 2007. Members of the Bourbon Society tasted samples from 12 barrels of the regular Single Barrel mash/yeast combo. Jim Rutledge agreed to bottle the bourbon unchill filtered. The yield was approximately 220 bottles. The Bourbon Society reserved some cases for use in non-profit charity fund raises. The remainder were available for members to purchase.

Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon is chill filtered.
The Four Roses 40th Anniversary was bottled unfiltered which results in a small amount of fine char in the bottle.
I do not believe that the Bardstown Bourbon Society has ever bottled any bourbon.

The Kentucky Barrel Society is a group of bourbon enthusiast that was founded by Cliff Michele. The Kentucky Barrel Society has bottled single barrels of Stitzel-Weller and Elmer T. Lee. Cliff recently worked with Buffalo Trace, Straightbourbon.com, Preston and Julian Van Winkle to produce two single barrel bottlings of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon. I am not aware of any previous private single barrel bottlings of Pappy 23.

Send me a PM if you will be visiting Kentucky. We will share some cigars and bourbon.

I've got a bottle from each barrel of PVW23 that they did. I'll have to look and see how they're marked later today.

The Kentucky Barrel Society has bottled single barrels of Stitzel-Weller and Elmer T. Lee. Cliff recently worked with Buffalo Trace, Straightbourbon.com, Preston and Julian Van Winkle to produce two single barrel bottlings of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon. I am not aware of any previous private single barrel bottlings of Pappy 23.

Send me a PM if you will be visiting Kentucky. We will share some cigars and bourbon.

Hey Steamboat, you had dinner and visited with members of The Bourbon Society, not the Bardstown Bourbon Society. The Bourbon Society is a non-profit organization located in Louisville, KY. Fine cigars are part of our meetings and events whenever possible.

The Four Roses Single Barrel that was bottled for The Bourbon Society was selected by members of the Bourbon Society at the Cox Creek facility in July of 2007. Members of the Bourbon Society tasted samples from 12 barrels of the regular Single Barrel mash/yeast combo. Jim Rutledge agreed to bottle the bourbon unchill filtered. The yield was approximately 220 bottles. The Bourbon Society reserved some cases for use in non-profit charity fund raises. The remainder were available for members to purchase.

Four Roses Single Barrel bourbon is chill filtered.
The Four Roses 40th Anniversary was bottled unfiltered which results in a small amount of fine char in the bottle.
I do not believe that the Bardstown Bourbon Society has ever bottled any bourbon.

The Kentucky Barrel Society is a group of bourbon enthusiast that was founded by Cliff Michele. The Kentucky Barrel Society has bottled single barrels of Stitzel-Weller and Elmer T. Lee. Cliff recently worked with Buffalo Trace, Straightbourbon.com, Preston and Julian Van Winkle to produce two single barrel bottlings of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon. I am not aware of any previous private single barrel bottlings of Pappy 23.

They were nice, whoever they were.