• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free "411" Directory

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
As you probably know, calling 411 is rather expensive, especially from a cell phone. Price ranges from $1 - $3 for 411 info.

Now you can call 411 for free: 1-800-FREE-411

I use it all the time, EXCELLENT AND FREE!!!

As I have been told many times "There is no such thing as a free lunch", I must ask... What's the catch? 3 minutes on hold listening to the best of Martha Stewart? or worse Richard Simmons?

Is there a catch?

No hold from what I can tell... I'm bored so I tested it out.

My first call was an attempt to find the number for a local (Ma and Pa) pizza joint here in town. After reciting the town + state + business name it came back with, "Try Dominoes Pizza 2 one topping pizza's for 9.99!!!".

Or... if you STILL want the original number you called for push #2. I did wind up getting the number.

The second place I tried in town came back with, "The business you are asking for has denied this service"

Seems to work though but there's your catch...

Could come in handy - thanks, Rod.

there's a 10 second ad you just press two to skip it... seems to work fine.

The service is supported by sponsors. So if you call looking for Pizza Hut, you may hear a 10 second Papa John ad. No big deal. Sure beats paying $2!

I use them often, never had a problem. Most of the time I never hear ads.

Thanks for the hook up Rod.

Now maybe my cell bill will drop about $30 a month.

nice... the residential part is kinda tricky though, had to go through an operator though.

K&P

Rod said:
As you probably know, calling 411 is rather expensive, especially from a cell phone. Price ranges from $1 - $3 for 411 info.

Now you can call 411 for free: 1-800-FREE-411

I use it all the time, EXCELLENT AND FREE!!!
[snapback]265668[/snapback]​

Just tried this a few times and works great from the land line... However, I believe that even if you dial an '800' number from your cell phone - you are still 'charged' for a call (goes against your monthly minutes allotment). But that is still much cheaper than the normal connect charge of $1 to $3 as Rod listed when you use the 411 to find the number and then connect to it from your cell.

Thanks for the heads up on this.....