• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free pipe tobacco from Altadis

Jinxedwarrior

Don't smoke a pipe myself, but ran across this and thought I'd post it here for you guys/gals that do.

To receive our free sample of smoking pipe tobacco you must be
21 years of age or older.

Please note the following restrictions:
1. The offer applies only to persons residing in the continental United States.
2. Only one sample will be shipped per address.
3. Duplicate requests will be rejected.
4. The email address provided must be valid.

Linky

Good friend of mine in SA had that sampler last time I visited him. Didn't try any of them that visit, but they smelled absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting the link!

~Boar

Thanks, now to wait 8 to 10 years weeks. Ah well, free is free!

I signed up for this a long while ago but received my free stuff yesterday. I have to admit that I was happy with how generous Altadis was on this one. Not that every sampler will be the same but I received one each of the following:

1.5 oz of Blue Note
1.5 oz of Irish Cream
1.5 oz of Fox & Hound

These are all from the Tobacco Galleria line. I have not had a chance to try any of these yet but will today. I do not have any experience that I recall with the Tobacco Galleria line either. In any event, 4.5 oz of pipe tobacco for free is a good thing in my book! :cool:

Here is a link to the Tobacco Galleria line if you want it: Linky

While free is always good, don't expect a lot from these blends. They're fine for what they are, but there is a reason they are free. ;)

A couple of them smell pretty good, but Fox & Hound is the only one that I would smoke again.

I got a package of IRC 3 Star Blue that wasn't bad, but the other four blends were along the lines of Captain Black.

Got mine today. Three pouches.
Wild Cherry,Fox and Hound and Blue Note...

Smoking a cigar so haven't tested any yet...

Thanks for the post. I didn't see it when it was first posted but jumped in on it now. Haven't tried too many pipe varieties, so it can't hurt to try some new flavors. If thy are no good then I can always trash it. Thanks again.

While free is always good, don't expect a lot from these blends. They're fine for what they are, but there is a reason they are free. ;)

A couple of them smell pretty good, but Fox & Hound is the only one that I would smoke again.

Fox and Hound is the one I would smoke again as well. I remember when Altadis gave out a serious amount of these tobaccos a few years ago. I tried a lot of them and I knew that there wasn't going to be much to them. Especially after smoking pipes for many years and the good tin tobacco. Even the local shop varieties tend to be way better than what they send.

Being a huge fan, I'm hoping they send this one:

Edward G. Robinson – One of the best beloved pipe smokers of all time. This was his private mixture that we made exclusively for him for over 30 years. Since the early 60’s it has been available for all of the pipe smoking public to enjoy.

Edward G. Robinson – One of the best beloved pipe smokers of all time. This was his private mixture that we made exclusively for him for over 30 years. Since the early 60’s it has been available for all of the pipe smoking public to enjoy.

That's really interesting. I got a free pouch of this at the last Seattle Pipe Club meeting, so who knows? (Haven't had the chance to try it yet.)

That's really interesting. I got a free pouch of this at the last Seattle Pipe Club meeting, so who knows? (Haven't had the chance to try it yet.)
I already got three pouches in the mail. Nasty stuff! Whatever was was made for Eddy G. had to be an order of magnitude or ten above this yucky stuff. He was a known for being somewhat of a collector and connoisseur of cigars and tobaccos. I'm sure his good name is being sullied with whatever they put in his namesake's pouch. :(

He was dying as he made Soylent Green with Charlton Heston and still gave a command performance in that, his last film. RIP EGR :thumbs:

I got mine today. For a second I thought I was bombed, but I looked at the address. I got 1.5 oz of each: Blue Note, Fox and Hound, and Wild Cherry. None of them smell bad, considering the price was for free ;)

Edit: It took 10 weeks and 3 days, I think :eek:

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='864261' date='May 20 2009, 12:51 PM'][quote name='FRANCO593' post='863855' date='May 19 2009, 05:46 PM']Got mine today. Three pouches.
Wild Cherry,Fox and Hound and Blue Note...[/quote]

Mine came in today and I have the same three blends.
[/quote]

Same here. Fox & Hound smells great. Wild Cherry reminds me of boot camp . . . used to smoke a couple bowls of something similar every Sunday, when they lit the all-day smoking lamp. :laugh:

~Boar

I ordered the sampler and got hookah tobacco instead. :laugh: I ended up sending it to a fellow CP'er.