• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends of CP Remembered

This thread is always rough to look at. Grapes and I did a Thanksgiving dinner with Jon. Brian was one of the first CP dudes I met. Dan was a dude I talked to almost every day for years...I have stories for most names in this thread, if not all.

Joe G I have to add a special note... what an amazing dude and an absolute privilege to know him. I was on my way to Vegas on i-5 one time (I found the thread) and had put out a general call to see who might come show up, when I got a call from Joe. Keep in mind this is around the time of the Pirate passes... goes sort of like this:
Joe: "Hey buddy I wanted to let you know....I'm coming to Vegas, I'll be there tomorrow."
Me: "Thats fucking great Joe, I didn't even know you were considering coming - it will be great to see you again!"
Joe: "Yeah the only thing is I wanted to warn you I'm gonna look a little different. I've recently had some medical stuff going on and well, I lost an eye. I have an eyepatch now."
Me: "Thats awful, I am so sorry to hear that. But hey, at least you don't smoke from your eye!"
Joe: "Harrrrrrr"

That was also the trip where Moki convinced the staff at Trevi @ Caesar's that E and I were celebrating a recent gay marriage and they brought us a celebratory sundae with candles. I'd never seen Joe laugh so hard.

We keep these cats alive in our memories, and we remember to remember those memories because we have a memorial wall honoring our friends.