• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FTP Server Test

blair

can you see my dog?

Blue3.jpg

That dog looks likt he/she is ready to defend that flag, at all costs. Gotta love the Loyalty of a dog. :thumbs:

I've set up an FTP server at home so that I can have access to my files while I am at work (or otherwise away from home.) If anyone wants to use the server for webspace or CP pictures (as I did above - assuming you can see the picture) your more than welcome to.

Also, if anyone is really good with network security, I'd appreciate it if you could try to hack into my system. I have no way of knowing how secure my documents are. I have the main entrance to the FTP open for public use but I would like to know how penetrable the rest of the system is.

PuroBrat said:
That dog looks likt he/she is ready to defend that flag, at all costs. Gotta love the Loyalty of a dog. :thumbs:
Oh good! Then it is working. Thanks for the reply, PB.

Auuugggghhhhhh! The dog's eyes are a bit sole-piercing, are they not!? :p

Neat pic, though....and let the hacking begin! Dave W.....where aaaaaaare you?! :lookup:

Oh, gotta like a guy who's a fellow CorelDraw/Paint user!

Ah, now he's a cutie!!

DSC01535.JPG

Bat_Chief said:
The dog's eyes are a bit sole-piercing, are they not!?
Damn right they are! And just try to eat in front of her while she stares you down till you crack! She inevitably eats half my dinner.

Whoa!! That's a big picture! That's William. It was his first Christmas. :)

Now what happens when I open that suspicious bank account file??! :sneaky: :p :lookup:

Bat, do you really think I'm dumb enough to use an administrator account named
"admin" ? Come on!

I was just connected, that was me trying to log in using the admin account. ;)

BACCHUS said:
Bat Chief:

Cute kid!  Damn nice rug too!

Bacchus

Why, thanks Bacchus! Unfortunately, that's Blairs kid, I stole it from his web site! :D :D

Rod said:
I was just connected, that was me trying to log in using the admin account. ;)
Ahhh. You're a perfect suspect. I just did a tracert on your IP and learned that it wasn't Bat. I didn't know whose it was though. I'm glad to have you trying - I have much less experience that you.

blair said:
"admin" ? Come on!

oooooo....can I still answer the question, though??!! :p

This things starting to look more like a chat line than a board!! :)

Bat_Chief said:
blair said:
"admin" ? Come on!

oooooo....can I still answer the question, though??!! :p

This things starting to look more like a chat line than a board!! :)
NO! The question is closed.

blair said:
"admin" ? Come on!
Just a note here... you might want to use sftp to access your server. It encrypts the connection. With regular ftp, the user name/password you enter is sent via cleartext, which makes it trivial for people to sniff your password if they wish to.