• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FTP Server Test

moki said:
blair said:
Bat, do you really think I'm dumb enough to use an administrator account named
"admin" ? Come on!
Just a note here... you might want to use sftp to access your server. It encrypts the connection. With regular ftp, the user name/password you enter is sent via cleartext, which makes it trivial for people to sniff your password if they wish to.
That's a good suggestion. I'll look into that. I noticed that warning come up at some point during my deployment (ie that passwords will be sent in cleartext.) I'm not sure how to set it up as an sftp but I'll definately look into it. :thumbs:

Triple_D said:
Someone jacked you're video's?? :(
Yeah, some french f***@r. My wife had a ton of digital videos that were deleted. That's the main reason I want help to make sure that the server is now secure.

Can you see the changes I made?

Yep. The changes are no problem. I guess I could make it so that no one can delete or change files and only be allowed to add files. That might be better actually. The main goal is to make sure that people are confined to the root directory.

Also, if anyone wants a username/password on the server (for your own folder/webspace) let me know. You can use as much space as you want.

I have about 2 GB of files that will be accessed 40-50 times an hour.... can I store that on your server?

LOL
Dave ;)

Maybe :p I don't know. We can see how long it takes for my ISP to close our contract. On second thought, better not Dave. :D

Either your work is blocking the site or it isn't in the DNS of your ISP. Not much you can do unless you want to change your DNS settings.

Uhhhhh, you guys may as well be talking Chinese because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm lucky if I can remember my own password to log into this site. :p