• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Between the lines

Back during Christmas a local smke smoke in Plano, TX was selling a three pack sampler that had a BTL, Anejo and Hemingway Masterpeice for $35.99. They had several different samplers as well with 2 BTL and one Anejo and other varieties that were an absolute steal. I loaded up with what they sat back for me and then I had friends who don't care about smoking make routine trips since they were only allowing 2 packs per for non-regular customers. I'll keep the stash away in the Humi until I load up next year and then I'll smoke this years keep.

SMOKUSMAXIMUS said:
Back during Christmas a local smke smoke in Plano, TX was selling a three pack sampler that had a BTL, Anejo and Hemingway Masterpeice for $35.99. They had several different samplers as well with 2 BTL and one Anejo and other varieties that were an absolute steal. I loaded up with what they sat back for me and then I had friends who don't care about smoking make routine trips since they were only allowing 2 packs per for non-regular customers. I'll keep the stash away in the Humi until I load up next year and then I'll smoke this years keep.
[snapback]286227[/snapback]​

so your the one who i was fighting over those with.

so your the one who i was fighting over those with.
[snapback]286231[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I was great deal. Had to pull out all the stops and hit both of their local shops.

yep, i was hitting both shops every morning hoping i was the only one who had discovered the goldmine.

marcsheldon said:
yep, i was hitting both shops every morning hoping i was the only one who had discovered the goldmine.
[snapback]286250[/snapback]​

Me too, I guess we both made out okay.

chrls67 said:
fetterjohn said:
Aashton said:
Just bought a couple from a gouger here in Fl. for $18/stick. :angry2:    Hated seein em that high, but had to get a few cause I had never seen one in person.
[snapback]274820[/snapback]​

I bought a couple from a shop that has the lowest prices in OC. But they were selling them for $16.99 ($12.99 plus 47% Cali. Tax). I asked them why such a high price-tag and they said that that is what Fuente sells them the box for...it's on the invoice. So who knows the real MSRP and what Fuente sells the boxes for on the invoice. Just want to know.

-Fetter
[snapback]274959[/snapback]​

Hey Fetter, where in the OC is this shop you speak of...? I'm allways looking to try a new location. I've never tried a BTL. My local shop had some a while back but they were $24.99 and I just couldn't bring myself to buy one for that price. :cool:
[snapback]285688[/snapback]​

I am pretty sure it is the Tinderbox in Crystal Court over in Santa Ana or a Cigar Shop down in Dana Point off PCH.

I have 6 of these, 4 which I bought this monday. Gonna let them sit a while and then light them up, well at least 3 of them. Next time he gets a box its mine....all mine!!!! Bwahhhahahahah

i had to enjoy my first BTL today after being inspired by some of the posts i read in this thread. it was a little fresh and the draw produced a fair amount of smoke. the construction was fantastic like you pointed out and the ash does seem to hold and hold and hold and hold. i couldn't tell about any aftertaste according to which wrapper was dominate... actually the swirl pattern means that the wrapper should be pretty equal (between maduro and natural) all the way down to the nub, IMHO. the flavour was pleasant, but i'm not sure that i would keep buying this one. hopefully some age on the BTLs i have in my humidor will make me change my current impression. it definitely is a unique smoke, but i really like the Ashton VSG Enchantment in this size and shape so much more.

Thanks for all the replies- I am glad that my price and ash comments were finally "believed"! I will def keep my eye out for more of these, but its not such the cigar that I can`t live without. If i find more I will smoke them and not save `em!