• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Question

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
In my first pass I was informed that there are certain A.Fuente brands that are not expensive yet rare. I had no idea and was merely going with MSRP.

As a relative newbie I almost made the mistake of taking out some rare not so expensive Fuente and replacing it with something else. Could someone please give me an idea as to what the rare Fuentes are so I or some other newbie don't make that mistake?

Also, what would be considered "appropriate" replacements for these in a pass?

I think what you're referring to are the "non-standard" Hemingways such as Between the Lines, Work of Art, Best Seller and especially the maduro and sun grown versions of the above. They are rarely made (most, if not all, are only released around the holidays) but MSRP isn't all that high considering the rarity of the cigars.

What constitutes a suitable replacement is in the eyes of the pass master, but in general would be something equally rare, hard to get for most people or at least somewhat expensive. If it were my pass, an Anejo, an OpusX, a Padron 1926, a Partagas 150, a Millenium 2000 or a Dunhill Cabinetta :lookup: would all be acceptable.

Good answer! Dont think you could have made that any easier FatherTiresius!!!!! Love that AF sun grown and that Anejo!!!!!!

I have a bit of a question from this. Are the Sun Grown Fuente's difficult to find in your area? I cannot find them in Central Ohio, yet I know back in Texas I can easily get the Double Chateau Sungrown by the box with no problem (and I must say, this cigar is one of my favorites). Do you have trouble getting them?

ALostTexan

The Chateaus and Double Chateaus are pretty common around here (Colorado Springs). The 858's and Cuban Belicosos are sometimes available - we've got 858s right now but I haven't seen CBs in quite a while. A place up in Denver got a box of the SG Hemis last Christmas. They evaporated.

ALT, they're not that hard to find online if you're looking to find a box.

Yeah, I usually can find them online, which is where I have ordered a box once, but I usually wind up ordering them from back home, sort of a way to "Support the Local Shop", which is what I like to do for the old man back home. I just cannot find them around here, and I was curious if that was a problem for others.

ALostTexan

SG 858's are fairly rare. Hemi SG's and Maddies are equally as rare but more expensive. Then come Anejo's and BTL's / IBTL's. Cuban Belis and Chateaus are not rare, but pretty dern tastey.

Emo

emodx said:
SG 858's are fairly rare. Hemi SG's and Maddies are equally as rare but more expensive. Then come Anejo's and BTL's / IBTL's. Cuban Belis and Chateaus are not rare, but pretty dern tastey.

Emo
I don't know about that big E. 858SGs are hard to find. Hemi Maddies, Anejos & BTLs/IBTLs are rare. Hemi SGs are like Yeti: you know they're out there but you've never seen one.

The Hemingway Maduros are available during December right before the holidays. These should be priced the same as the regular Hemingway, if not you are getting gouged(sp).

Chateau, Double Chateau and Cuban Belicosos in SG are now in stock at Famous.

Famous