• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente

Cigar Buff

Anejo No. 46
5.6 X 46

Conclusion - I was really disappointed with this cigar. The flavor was sour throughout. I couldn't even finish it. The construction was perfect. Great burn on this one. Theres no doubt they know how to put a cigar together. Aside from that it was pretty bad.

gallery_8381_983_37914.jpg

gallery_8381_983_35453.jpg

Where did you obtain these Añejos from? Local B&M?

I know everybody has their own taste, but I really enjoy all Fuentes. I don't think I have had one that I don't like

Interesting review...

I just picked up a few of these recently. One of my favorites! :thumbs:

Where did you obtain these Añejos from? Local B&M?

Yeah, local shop. Only had the one. This stick has gotten some mixed reviews. Guess it just doesnt appeal to me.

Could be any number of a thousand different reasons - from the way it was made to the way it was stored to what you were doing at the time you smoked it. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've smoked a cigar I normally enjoy, just to find that something is wrong with it and I can't stand it.

Just remember, though - try not to throw the baby out with the bath water! :D

I find the larger ring guage Anejos to be much tastier. The smaller ones are still good, but not near as tasty as the 55's or the Sharks, in my opinion.

I have found a sour cigar to be an over humidified cigar. A harsh cigar under humidified. Anjeos tend to be shipped wet. I put a few boxes in the humi awhile back and the humidity level went through the roof.

Don't give up on em yet they are tasty cigars.

I have found a sour cigar to be an over humidified cigar. A harsh cigar under humidified. Anjeos tend to be shipped wet. I put a few boxes in the humi awhile back and the humidity level went through the roof.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one Shooter. The box of Anejo #77's I got from the B&M shop didn't even have a humi-pak in it. I took off the cellophane and broke the seal and was surprised to see no humi-pak. But a little birdie told me that the humi-paks won't be 70% for much longer so they can try and combat the mold issue that has come up. I did a visual inspection of each Shark and they was mold free which I was happy to see. :thumbs:

I'm going to disagree with you on this one Shooter. The box of Anejo #77's I got from the B&M shop didn't even have a humi-pak in it. I took off the cellophane and broke the seal and was surprised to see no humi-pak. But a little birdie told me that the humi-paks won't be 70% for much longer so they can try and combat the mold issue that has come up. I did a visual inspection of each Shark and they was mold free which I was happy to see. :thumbs:

I think do to the mold fiasco last year especially on the 77's, the humidipak was removed from the 77's only this year. As far as I know the other sizes all still have the humidipak inside.

I think do to the mold fiasco last year especially on the 77's, the humidipak was removed from the 77's only this year. As far as I know the other sizes all still have the humidipak inside.

This is correct but it sounds they are switching from the 70% to a 45% if my memory serves me. This is for future shipments but I will wait and see till it happens.

This is correct but it sounds they are switching from the 70% to a 45% if my memory serves me. This is for future shipments but I will wait and see till it happens.

I've never heard of a 45% humi pack. Is this correct? Seems a little too low.

Bob

I've never heard of a 45% humi pack. Is this correct? Seems a little too low.

Bob

Boxes have been shipped many times without a humi-pak and there is nothing lower than that. :laugh:

Yeah I think you might have had a bad apple. Let the others sit a little bit before tring them agian. 46's are awesome smokes in my opion. If I could afford a box I would def. get one.

Im a little reluctant based on review from others with the same experience.
Your loss, more for me. My box is resting for a while :thumbs:

x2...... :thumbs: The general consensus I think, is that these are great smokes. Many times B&M's maintain they're humidor's rH at 70% which is imo way too high at which to smoke these. If this was smoked shortly after it was purchased this could present a problem.

As far as them switching humi-paks, it doesn't make sense that they were the problem. To the best of my knowledge mold doesn't develop at 70% rH. The humi-paks are supposed to stabilize the rH at whatever humidity they're specified for, in this case 70% rH. If it's high the packs should lower it, if it's lower the packs should raise it. So either those problem sticks were shipped soaking wet, too much for even the humi-paks to regulate, or the humi-paks weren't working properly. Either way it's about time they did something..... I shudder to think of all those ruined Anejos.