• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Full-bodied flavor profile without a huge nic hit?

dk_ace

I've been smoking mainly strong, full-bodied cigars lately, but I'm beginning to tire with the ridiculous nic kick these things offer. There are times when I want that full-bodied flavor, but I don't want to OD on nicotine. Have you guys found sticks that offer a big, full-bodied flavor without too much nicotine? A buzz or a lump in the throat are fine, but being light-headed and dizzy for a while aren't. I tried going back to a medium strength 'gar, but I miss the big flavor of the stronger sticks. I'm fine with them most of the time, but sometimes I just don't want to fight that feeling.

D

Padron 64's and 26's.

Doc.

I wondered about those. I just picked up my first 64 yesterday, but it will need a little time in the humi before I smoke it. The only 26 they had was about $20, which is a little high for one stick for me. I'll look forward to trying the 26.

Unfortunately, my shop doesn't carry LFD, but I hope to visit another one next weekend that may carry them.

Thanks,
D

If you have never tried a San Cristobal then you need to get your hands on some!! They are tasty!!

I very rarely expereince the nic sickness any more. But you might want to try some of the Oliva series. I like the series O. Padron's never gave me the nic sick.

If you have never tried a San Cristobal then you need to get your hands on some!! They are tasty!!

Never tried one of those. I'll look around and see if I can find some. I've never been looking for that brand, so they may be one I've just overlooked.

D

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra. Good, full-bodied smoke and at a great price point too. Gran Habanos #5 Corojo is another good one as is Camacho Negro.

Wilkey

I don't get much nic from the DPG black or blue series. They are full of flavor. Anejos are also VERY nice and VERY full of flavor.

I don't get much nic off of anything anymore though, unless I smoke way too fast.

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra. Good, full-bodied smoke and at a great price point too. Gran Habanos #5 Corojo is another good one as is Camacho Negro.

Wilkey

Ditto on the Dark Sumatra. The Hoyo de Monterrey Rothchild is also a great little smoke with full flavor!

I have a similar palet and have come to love the AF Hemingway line, the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, the AF 858 is the best medium bodied cigar out there IMO.

Wilkey

Ditto on the Dark Sumatra. The Hoyo de Monterrey Rothchild is also a great little smoke with full flavor!

I have a similar palet and have come to love the AF Hemingway line, the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, the AF 858 is the best medium bodied cigar out there IMO.

Well it looks like I have a few more to add to the list. I picked up a dark sumatra, but it was plugged along with the partagas I bought at that particular B&M. I chopped off most of the HDM to get past the plugs (yes, that was plural), and the thing tasted like crap. I'm pretty sure they don't take proper care of their cigars. I'll be sure and pick up one from a different store and give them another try. I'll probably like those as I used to be really into the HDM Excalibur, and the only difference is the wrapper.

I almost picked up a hemingway and an 858 yesterday, but I put them back to grab a CAO America and a Padron 64. I should have just bought them all!

D

The lighter Pepins are the JJ series and the Miami 8/11s. The jjs in maduro are very good, IMO.

The lighter Pepins are the JJ series and the Miami 8/11s. The jjs in maduro are very good, IMO.

That's good to know. I just put a JJ in the humi two weeks ago. I'll have to light it up before long and see what I think. They didn't have any of the maduros, so I got the natural.

D

LFDs??? LFD's are strong cigars; lots of ligero, lots of nicotine.

Doc hit it right on with the Padron 64's and 26's. I would also add the Padron 6000. Maduros all. I personally think the Hemingway line offers a full-body smoke without the nicotine punch.

Padron's have always worked for me for a low-niccotine Nicargua cigar.

I personally love all AF Sun Growns and Padrons, but I liked the 64 more then the 26.

One of the creamiest, smoothest cigars I've had lately is CAO Vision.

The better La Auroras are full-bodied and have a good flavor profile. Some don't like them, though.
I am a big fan of the limited edition Cien Anos Belicoso. Very full-bodied with only average nic hit. The 1495 Robusto is another favorite of mine they make.

I agree the ERDM Robusto and the bigger Larga AND the bigger yet Supremo are good choices. I'm not sure how full-bodied they are but they are a great smoke! I have some Supremos from Oct. '03.
(They are one of the few NCs to date stamp their boxes.) It isn't too hard to find a box with two or three years on them at B&Ms. They are not super popular at most places. Even JRs and Atlantic have sent me some with good age. I think a member works at Atlantic, too.