• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Full flavor ISOM

Wascal

Captive of the Dark Side
First let's make it clear that I'm by no stretch of the imagination a cuban expert. If I was I wouldn't need to ask the question.
The problem is the few cubans I have smoked with the exception of a pc i can't remember the name of I liberated from one of Tony's passes have been mild. At least to my taste buds. Sure that "twang" is there, and I like the flavor, or what there is of it. I would like to have some sugestions as to what to try next.
Today I have smoked a SLR corona 10/98, Boli PC 8/98, Part PC 6/01. and all of them have been on the mild side. This isn't saying that I didn't enjoy smoking them, just looking for something with more flavor. Now I'm not a nicotine junkie, don't want a cigar that's going to make me weak in the knees. Something around the $200.00 range. I know, that lets out most of the larger sticks, just want to find a good stick without melting the plastic in the search.
So chime in experts, what would you chose? Medium to full in flavor, medium strength.

For a little more $$$, you can get Montecristo #2's or Bolivar Belicoso Finos. My two favorite Habana's. Very earthy and mucho strongo. Of course, as with everything, you will get some duds, but the last few I have had were great.

I had a Punch Punch recently, and was very dissapointed.

Joe

New code H. Upmann Mag 46 from Ilja, if you're looking for some power and flavor.

Matt you must of bought all those Mag 46's from Ilja...because when I ordered last week it looked like they were out. You hordin bastard!!! :p :p :p

:sign: :D :sign:

What is the website for Ilja? I am always looking for some good smoke :D

I would like to second the Bolivar Belicoso Finos. These things are killer! Medium-Full bodied and flavor that just jumps out all over the place. Good stuff!!!

Vic

ParaGod said:
What is the website for Ilja? I am always looking for some good smoke :D
Check in the For Sale Room. I believe he has advertised here a few times. ;) As for the Mag 46's Jeff, not me, Kerry. LMAO!!! And, the new ones he'll be getting are on back-order too.

You got to love this place :love: I knew the brothers would come through with some worthy sugestions. Hmm... Mag 46's and BBF.... maybe if I hide the credit card bill..... :0 Thanks Guys.

Had to go look at the web site. Beast did you mean SAINT CRISTOBAL DE L AHABANA EL PRINCIPE ? Might have to give those a try at that price :0

Yup, same thing...less letters. ;)

**Note to self** Hit Kerry up for Mag 46's at LOLH III. :sneaky:

:p

BBF for sure! :thumbs:

If you think about the Monty #2, don't forget the Upmann #2s! They will light you up!

Any chance you are thinking about a group purchase? I just want a few but if they are cheaper by the dozen....

Robb

BBF or Monte # 2

Both of these are without a doubt my favorites! Great powerhouses!

Never had a chance to try an old blend BBF ;) , but the Monte #2, Cohiba Robusto(CoRo), and the Trinidad Fundadores all fit the bill imo.
Emo

You are sure right about the Monte #2, the CoRo, and the Trinni. . .
They are ALL my favorites!

I agree with the majority that the Bolivar BF and Monte #2 are solid choices.

I've never met a Cohiba that I didn't love. The Robustos are the benchmark for the vitola. I've smoked a few Esplendidos that made me want to win the lottery. Powerful, yet full of flavor. The Siglo II and III's are wonderful. They start off mild/medium and about half way, the flavor and strength kicks in big time.

Shadow's post regarding the H. Upmann #2 should be applauded. This is one of the all time sleeper Havana's, that doesn't get the credit it deserves. The Upmann has been higher rated, and many times is a much better cigar overall, than the more popular Monte #2. The recent 2002 Monte's; however, are very good to outstanding.

Sam