• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Funiture Piece Cabinet Humidor

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I picked up a funiture piece cabinet humidor from Bryan (Addiction) whom I meet at the DC Herf in January. I was looking for something to replace my cooler and he had what I was looking for.
gallery_3625_483_829390.jpg

Once I brought the cabinet home, I relized I needed to season it and started looking through old threads here to figure out how to do it. I thought that I would show my efforts as another tool for people to use when seasoning something biger then a desk top. Secondly, I realized that like BB King, I needed to name this thing. I chose Franklin, since it sounded cool. After doing my research, I put a light in Franklin to check the seal. I noticed that I would need to add a little weather stripping to ensure the seal at the top and bottom of Franklin's door. I also would need something to introduce humidity to Franklin but since i was using my beads to keep my cigars in the cooler, I needed something else. I went to the local florist and asked/got some green Oasis foam. It came in a block the size of a cinder block, more then i would need. So I cut the block up a little, placed two pieces on plates and started soaking them with distilled water.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/12..._483_755480.jpg
After I lightly wiped down the inside with distilled water, i added two saturated Oasis foam blocks and my hygrometer and shut the door. Later in the day, I opened it up to take a look and the humidity was 77% at the bottom, so i moved the hygrometer to the top and checked bak the next day. The next day (Sunday) the top was reading 77% as well. I checked it again today at the humidity had dropped down to 68%. I think I'll probably empty my cooler into Franklin today or tomorrow and see what happens.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/uploads/12..._483_330180.jpg

Congrats. I see the cabinet found a nice home, enjoy it.

thats a sweet humi. whats your plans for the humidity? staying with the beads?

I admitted defeat, and literally 5 minutes ago ordered the end table style 500 count from cheaphumidors.com (Geneve model they call it). I'm pretty excited to move out of my plastic tub as well!
Chris

I admitted defeat, and literally 5 minutes ago ordered the end table style 500 count from cheaphumidors.com (Geneve model they call it). I'm pretty excited to move out of my plastic tub as well!
Chris

I purchased this humidor at the beginning of the year and I couldn't be happier. For the price, I don't think it can be beat as far as looks and functionality goes. Only thing I have a problem with is that it isn't good for boxes. The lower portion of it has an area where 6 very slim boxes could fit but thats pushing it. Ample storage and you gotta love the glass so that you aren't opening it every hour to check the RH. You will be very pleased with that purchase.

dwlace01, did it come fully put together? I couldn't see keeping hte legs attached as being cost effective as far as shipping goes? Was there much to do (besides seasoning obviously) to get it ready?
Chris