• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Funny bone

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
One night a friend of mine and I were in a very nice cigar friendly club. I was smoking an Opus X Forbidden and my friend Rico was smoking a Padron Anniversario 1926. Two wonderful cigars. As we were enjoying our sticks and listened to the music a very nice woman came over to our table. She said that she and her friend did not like the smoke from our cigars and offered us five dollars each to "get rid of those cigars". We didn't have the heart to tell her how much the cigars cost so we moved to another table on the other side and continued loving the best of the best.

Oh Well.

Better to move and enjoy one's cigar than to offend the cigarette smoker I guess.

I would have told them to piss off... but that's just me. :rolleyes:

That was the right thing to do, imo. No need to "brag" about the cost. If there's another place to move to, move.

No way I would have gotten rid of those smokes! :D

I'd of paid them $20 to leave me alone!

Nice little web site by the way!

One night a friend of mine and I were in a very nice cigar friendly club. I was smoking an Opus X Forbidden and my friend Rico was smoking a Padron Anniversario 1926. Two wonderful cigars. As we were enjoying our sticks and listened to the music a very nice woman came over to our table. She said that she and her friend did not like the smoke from our cigars and offered us five dollars each to "get rid of those cigars". We didn't have the heart to tell her how much the cigars cost so we moved to another table on the other side and continued loving the best of the best.

Oh Well.

Better to move and enjoy one's cigar than to offend the cigarette smoker I guess.

It's a Padron series 1926, did I win :whistling:

Oh Well.

No. It's a Padron Anniversario 1964

:laugh:

I would have farted in their general direction! Monty Python Style..LOL!
Monty_Python_Fart_in_your_General_Direction-T-link.jpg

I would have offered her the table on the other side but I would have done it with a smile. :)

I would have also liked to tell them to piss off, however, I think I would have just moved to another table farther away from and not gotten rid of them. These damn non-smoker and anti-smokers in the world have enough to bitch about, why give them more ammo. Just my humble smoking 2 cents.

I think you did the next right thing, all we can control is our reaction to the stupid people around us, no use getting restless irritable and discontent over something like that!

Another option would have been to say "the instant your friend loses 40 pounds and you put on a nice dress we will put these out".

Just kidding......you chose wisely :thumbs:

Another option would have been to say "the instant your friend loses 40 pounds and you put on a nice dress we will put these out".

Just kidding......you chose wisely :thumbs:

Now THAT'S funny!!!!

When that happens to me I just smile like an idiot and tell them "No hablo ingles"

It never happened to me, so I'm still to test the effectiveness of this tactic.

FWIW, you, being generally a much nicer person than me, did the right thing... I'd like to think I would have to, but I've been living with me too long and know better. :D

I fail to see why giving in to the single complaint in a "cigar friendly" establishment was the right thing to do. So many of the overly restrictive, nanny state, done for our own good laws passed are because one person did not like it and complained. The type of person who wants to project their view of the world and their will on all others around them are the type of people who are getting these "you cannot smoke outside on your own properrty" laws passed. You just gave power to that person's unreasonable opinions and belief that everyone should bow to their will. The fact that she actually felt compelled to ask you to put it out is galling to me.

While you took a very civil approach to her request it would have been just as civil to tell her that the club allowed smoking and that if she did not like it she could either sit somewhere else or leave. Or politely say "No thanks".

Of course there is no reason to brag about the cost of the cigars. And ... maybe you made an impression on her. Maybe she later told her friends about the really polite cigar smokers who moved when they were asked. Well ... maybe not. Those types are not happy unless you do what they want. She probably still bitched and moaned that she could still smell it and that those gross cigar smokers spoiled the entire evening and there ought to be a law .... here we go.

My .02

Oh Well.

Welcome back, old man! Where have you been hiding?

I fail to see why giving in to the single complaint in a "cigar friendly" establishment was the right thing to do. So many of the overly restrictive, nanny state, done for our own good laws passed are because one person did not like it and complained. The type of person who wants to project their view of the world and their will on all others around them are the type of people who are getting these "you cannot smoke outside on your own properrty" laws passed. You just gave power to that person's unreasonable opinions and belief that everyone should bow to their will. The fact that she actually felt compelled to ask you to put it out is galling to me.

While you took a very civil approach to her request it would have been just as civil to tell her that the club allowed smoking and that if she did not like it she could either sit somewhere else or leave. Or politely say "No thanks".

Of course there is no reason to brag about the cost of the cigars. And ... maybe you made an impression on her. Maybe she later told her friends about the really polite cigar smokers who moved when they were asked. Well ... maybe not. Those types are not happy unless you do what they want. She probably still bitched and moaned that she could still smell it and that those gross cigar smokers spoiled the entire evening and there ought to be a law .... here we go.

My .02

What he said....

Smokers are losing more and more rights everyday, and this is how it starts.

:(