• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Funy thing happened

n8warren

To Bill Brasky
So I stepped out to have a smoke after the Super Bowl last night and my girlfriend's sister has a new boyfriend that wanted to have a cigar with me. I had brought a Hemmingway Classic and a CAO Gold 10th Anniversary perfecto, so I took the Hemmingway and gave hin the CAO and began clipping and lighting my Hemmi, forgeting that he had mentioned that he had never smoked a cigar that you have to cut before. A few draws into the smoke he left to go get a drink and I looked and noticed that the end of his ash was way wider than it should have been for a perfecto, so I looked a little closer and realized that he had lit the wrong end and had been smoking out the foot. I told him and we both laughed about it, but his cigar smoked fairly well. It burned slighty uneven, but not terribly so, but needless to say he now knows that you always smoke from the end you cut.

So I stepped out to have a smoke after the Super Bowl last night and my girlfriend's sister has a new boyfriend that wanted to have a cigar with me. I had brought a Hemmingway Classic and a CAO Gold 10th Anniversary perfecto, so I took the Hemmingway and gave hin the CAO and began clipping and lighting my Hemmi, forgeting that he had mentioned that he had never smoked a cigar that you have to cut before. A few draws into the smoke he left to go get a drink and I looked and noticed that the end of his ash was way wider than it should have been for a perfecto, so I looked a little closer and realized that he had lit the wrong end and had been smoking out the foot. I told him and we both laughed about it, but his cigar smoked fairly well. It burned slighty uneven, but not terribly so, but needless to say he now knows that you always smoke from the end you cut.
ROTFLMAO!!!! Thats great :laugh:

I am sure he is not the first or last guy to have trouble with a Perfecto, now getting somone to admit it is a different story. :laugh:

LOL!! That reminds me of a story I read in a cigar magazine about a newbie smoker who use to take the cello and wrapper off the cigar because he thought that it was why they called it the wrapper. We were all young once. :blush:

Yeah he handled it pretty well, I remember that article about the guys removing the wrapper. I can't make fun of the guy too bad I guess, at least he enjoyed the smoke and will continue to enjoy cigars with me in the future.

LOL!! That reminds me of a story I read in a cigar magazine about a newbie smoker who use to take the cello and wrapper off the cigar because he thought that it was why they called it the wrapper. We were all young once. :blush:
No way! :laugh:

OK... I'll man up and put my story out there...

The first "real" cigar I ever smoked was the Royal Jamaica Park Lane. The one in my sig. Now, I knew you light the end you don't cut, but for this particular cigar, you have to cut both ends. I was confused as hell. The shop I was at had the retail side downstairs, then a couple leather couches upstairs to relax and smoke. And, being embarrassed, I didn't want to go downstairs and ask the owner what end to light.

So, I put the cigar back to the wrapper, and assumed (hoped) that you light the end furthest from the band. And, thankfully, I was right. :blush:

The first "real" cigar I ever smoked was the Royal Jamaica Park Lane. The one in my sig. Now, I knew you light the end you don't cut, but for this particular cigar, you have to cut both ends. I was confused as hell. The shop I was at had the retail side downstairs, then a couple leather couches upstairs to relax and smoke. And, being embarrassed, I didn't want to go downstairs and ask the owner what end to light.

So, I put the cigar back to the wrapper, and assumed (hoped) that you light the end furthest from the band. And, thankfully, I was right. :blush:

Thats rough I remember being new to smoking and sondering cutting techniques, etc., but I would have been lost if I had a cigar that required both ends to be cut.

Too bad it wasn't a real Royal Jamaica. 35 yrs ago, on an E-3's pay I could rarley afford , hell I could never afford, a Park Lane. Had to settle for PC's. I miss those cigars.

Doc.

Too bad it wasn't a real Royal Jamaica. 35 yrs ago, on an E-3's pay I could rarley afford , hell I could never afford, a Park Lane. Had to settle for PC's. I miss those cigars.

Doc.
There were other Royal Jamaicas before these? I did not know about that. The new Royal Jamaica Gold are just not good. But, like you, I do miss these Park Lanes.

Doc.
There were other Royal Jamaicas before these? I did not know about that. The new Royal Jamaica Gold are just not good. But, like you, I do miss these Park Lanes.
Yup. There're the one's that were actually made in Jamaica with Jamaican Tobacco. Then the Huricane came.....

Doc.

I have an empty box of Jamaican Royal Jamaicans still.

Was at a poker tournament a couple years ago and saw a guy smoke a cigar with the cedar sleeve still on. My buddy told him that the cedar wasn't supposed to be smoked but the guy just kept on smoking it. Weird.

About a month or two ago a buddy and me were on the golf course and had consumed quite a few beverages and everything was great. I decided to break out a couple of cigars. He is not a big smoker and didnt want a "good" one. I went against my better judgement and gave him an opus and told him to enjoy. I cut mine and lit it and didnt look back. Well, about a hole later I noticed this really wierd smell. I looked over and my buddy was smoking his cigar with cedar wrapper still intact. I almost fell out of the golf from laughing so hard.

About a month or two ago a buddy and me were on the golf course and had consumed quite a few beverages and everything was great. I decided to break out a couple of cigars. He is not a big smoker and didnt want a "good" one. I went against my better judgement and gave him an opus and told him to enjoy. I cut mine and lit it and didnt look back. Well, about a hole later I noticed this really wierd smell. I looked over and my buddy was smoking his cigar with cedar wrapper still intact. I almost fell out of the golf from laughing so hard.

Did the cedar not burn way faster than the tobacco?