• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gallery pics

Rickets

I've tried numerous searches, and to no avail. Is there a certain pic size (which I'm sure there is) and how is one to shrink it? I have a program for pics, but it really doesn't shrink the pictures. Thanks.

Hey,

Not to sure what the max size is, I think the gallery will just give you an error if the pics are too big anyway - Try it...

As for re sizing, I find alot of my friends who dont require super fancy software are quite happy with the free photo management software offered by Google. It seems to be getting more and more features all the time, and is quite easy to use. Google "Picasa" and give it a try.

If you're images are somewhere around 1024x768 I'd imagine they'd upload fine here.

If your on XP there's a powertoy for image resizing. Just right click on file and choose size you want; a copy is made.

Search Google for the link. I'm on my phone and don't have it handy.

Thanks guys. When I have free time, I'll do it. I have a new born, so the free time is far and few in between.

There is a free app I use called pixresizer. To make the pics the right size, I just click the 75% button and it saves to the perfect size for the CP gallery.

pixresizer_stab.gif

Pixresizer Webpage

Maybe that will help!

I found a program that was aready installed in my computer, so I used it to lower the pixel size and they loaded up fine. Thanks guys for the help.

Just one more question. Have you guys made your gallery pics available to everyone or just to select few.

What is the maximum upload size that the CP gallery can handle (per picture)?

I don't know. I just lowered the Pixel count to 800x600 and they loaded up fine.

I don't know the exact size, but I just uploaded a 1600x900pixel image.

In addition to those photo editing programs mentioned above; heres a nice, basic one that will resize your pics for you for free. And you don't even have to download it, it works right in your browser.

http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome