• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game Consoles? Who has 'em?

JimK,

"I can't get DSL where I'm at so we haven't tried xbox live yet :( , but when they do we'll hook up and smoke some sticks and smoke some bad guys together ;) .

A gaming HERF............sounds cool.

M. Gipson :)

gawntrail said:
JimK,

"I can't get DSL where I'm at so we haven't tried xbox live yet :( , but when they do we'll hook up and smoke some sticks and smoke some bad guys together ;) .

A gaming HERF............sounds cool.

M. Gipson :)
That's a great idea! Even if nothing than just chatting once they upgrade XBOX Live to v.3 and it has Voice Messaging :thumbs:

I have so many 2-month trails I keep changing tags. I think my current tag is "dixie gar"

Cheers,
Dixie

Toaster,

What kind of mods are available?? Do you have a good site to point us to for more modding info?

I have an Xbox that pretty much just gathers dust. I should put it to better use. I like it a bunch, but have trouble playing first person shooters like Halo without my PC mouse. I like sports games on it though.

A friend has a PS2 his kids mostly play on. The annoying thing there is all the games that require a memory card. You need one for each game if you don't want to loose your data. Thats one reason I love the xbox and it's hard drive.

gibu said:
A friend has a PS2 his kids mostly play on. The annoying thing there is all the games that require a memory card. You need one for each game if you don't want to loose your data. Thats one reason I love the xbox and it's hard drive.
PS2 has just come out with a hard drive for their console

gibu said:
Toaster,

What kind of mods are available?? Do you have a good site to point us to for more modding info?

I have an Xbox that pretty much just gathers dust. I should put it to better use. I like it a bunch, but have trouble playing first person shooters like Halo without my PC mouse. I like sports games on it though.

The best advice I would give for xbox modding, is check out www.xboxscene.com
They are the #1 resource for info on Xbox. Both my PS2 are modded, and my Xbox. The place that I bought all my modchips from is no longer selling them (lik-sang), but there are PLENTY of sources for mod chips around the 'net, and the forum on xboxscene.com would be a much more appropriate place to ask- since those guys are "in the know".

The mods I have done to mine were long ago, my Xbox is a version 1.0, and my PS2's are a 1.0 and a 4.0a... and each were like $300 at the time :(, I think the XBOX's now are upto 1.3 or 1.4? and the PS2's are on 7.0 or 8.0 maybe even higher...? But thats what was so great- Do it once, and its over (for the most part). I have a PS2 with a Neo4.1 chip and the other has a Messiah, the difference being, the Neo4.1 required 44 wires to install, and does not auto boot DVD-R backups, you still need to do a simple swap, all the CD-R backups auto boot fine. The Messiah auto boots everything, and was only about 26 wires to install... but it only work(ed) on certain PS2's at the time- I know that has changed now. As for the XBOX- I bought the Matrix chip, which was solderless :D, just remove 1 screw, accurately place the small daughter board with "pogo pins" in the right place, and fasten it down with that 1 aforementioned screw... Its really a sweet deal.... As I understand, MOST xbox mod chips are solderless nowadays. ???

One of the best reasons to mod an xbox is not playing backup games- though this is nice, but its the new OS (ie: Evolution X or Avalaunch) and Hard Drive you put on it.... With these items you can backup your original games to the HD, and play them without needing the disk. Plus you can load Media players on it, and watch movies, listen to MP3s, etc.... Seriously- The thing is very convenient and cool :)

And then the homebrew (or freeware) software available is great, Emulators like MameX that allow you play the original 80's arcade games...

Hope this helps.

*LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Opening your XBOX or PS2 will void your warranty, and can render the unit inoperable, and should only be done if you are 100% confident in your abilities- if you have ANY doubt what so ever, DONT DO IT. Also, it may be a violation of the DMCA.... You are NOT allowed to play UNAUTHORIZED backups, only backups of your originally legally purchased games! However, there are lots of freeware (or homebrew) games available which have been written by other enthusiasts just like yourselves.... which are distributed freely and without copyrights.