• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game Consoles? Who has 'em?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Of late I'm rediscovering my love for gaming. On the PC I pretty much only play Unreal Tournament 2004 (or 2k3), as I do most (if any) of my gaming on consoles. I have 3 kids, and have all three current generation consoles (XBOX/PS2 & GC), and most or all of the older ones too (PSX, Dreamcast, Genesis, N64) of the three current versions - the Xbox is my personal favorite (right now at least).

For the first year we had the xbox, it laid dormant in the corner while the kids (and me and the wife too) played and enjoyed the PS2 mainly (crash bandicoot is one of our favorite PS2 titles)... Probably because we had tons of games for the PS2 and only a handful for the xbox.

I'm a big time modder, have been for years..... and when the xbox mods were finally available- that console became amazing. We've used ours to do many wild things, including watching several movies on it from DiVX format right from the HD inside, and even a pal dvd that I couldn't play on my stand alone dvd players... but the Xbox played it fine and converted the Pal signal to NTSC and we watched it just fine. :)

And recently installed Mame-X on there with about 3500 game roms, and for those of us Thirty-somethings out there who grew up in the $.25 video arcades, well- its pretty entertaining..... :D Especially to see Pac Man, Galaga, Defender, Frogger, etc on a 60 inch big screen TV! :p

Some of the best new games I've played lately, Links 2004 for the Xbox. Graphics are amazing, game play is fairly easy in the beginning then gets pretty hard in the later stages of career mode. And Top Spin tennis also for the xbox... its fast paced and fun! Lets not forget, this is maybe the oldest genre of video games! Anyone remember PONG!? :p That started it all.

On the PS2, my all time favorite game is SSX-2.... we played that game so many times our original disc got messed up! Its a great game... a must have title for the PS2 imho.

Who else around here enjoys console games? and who else mods them?

PM me if you interested in trading sometime :thumbs:

I play my PS2 from time to time... and only 2 types of games. The Final Fantasy ones and EA sports games. I stopped playing games on my PC because well, my computer is old and the graphics card sucks. Instead of spending $ to update it, I just spend that $ on cigars. :D

I had a ps2 but I sold it to a freind and bought an xbox. I would never go back unless the new ps has alot of improvements. I like the awesome graphics and not having to have a memory card or 20.

XBox is definitely the only way to go! You'll usually catch me playing Madden 2004 or NFL 2003.

I have PS2, however I have been gaming a lot more on the PC. As for games...anything EA Sports and that's about it

I have a PS2 but don't play it much. I'd like to get an Xbox. I would have gotten one in the first place but am hooked on the Twisted Metal series which is not available on Xbox :(

I've got a PS2 and love all role-playing games especially Grand Theft AutoII and Vice City, Max Payne also rocks, finished the first one now gotta get the second.

If you like GTA stuff- You'll love Mafia. One of my sons is playing it right now on Xbox, but I think its available for PS2 also. Its like GTA or Max Payne.... but set in the 30's and you working for the Mafia.

Not my speed.... I like games you can play for 20 mins and walk away. (add I guess :p)

Almost all the EA sports games are excellent.... Fight night 2k4 is ok. Madden is excellent, and Tiger Woods golf is alright, but I like Links better right now :thumbs:

Currently I have GC, XBOX, and PS2.

Just finished Prince of Persia on PS2. One of the best games I've EVER player.

Now I'm working on Ninja Gaiden and Links on XBOX.

Cheers,
Dixie

Toaster said:
Tiger Woods golf is alright, but I like Links better right now :thumbs:
You need Tiger Woods 2004 for the PC......it is much better than the PS2 game

No doubt PC games are better than consoles..... BUT: The xbox stuff is pretty good. And of course there is something satisfying about playing a game on the couch, on a big tv, with a controller- instead of in my office (computer room) on even my 21" monitor, with a mouse and keyboard on this executive chair.

Take a look at Links 2004 on the Xbox.... The graphics and game play are impressive- I'm tellin' ya.

XBOX, and I'm with Fast on this one. EA Sports is the only thing I have. Actually, Madden and Tiger. It's been freezing up lately though.

Anyone else have this problem?

Toaster said:
instead of in my office (computer room) on even my 21" monitor, with a mouse and keyboard on this executive chair.
mouse and keyboard???? I have a Dual Analog Gamepad that looks and feels much like the PS2 controller

I'm too simple for you high-tech guys. I have an old Nintendo from 1990 that I still play once in a great while and my PlayStation (NOT a Play Station II) is about as high tech as I need to get :p

2 xboxes, 1 PS2, and a graveyard of the old platforms (sega, dreamcast, nintendo, atari, colecovision, intelevision, and atari 2600 & 5200 - I just never got around to throwing any of them out)

We've also got a few quarter machines (ms. pacman, galaga, dig-dug - tabletops, Simpsons, heavy barrel, and Silent Scope - Stand ups).

I only play Silent Scope of the arcade style. I have an xbox in my office and an assortment of EA sports games (NCAA Football, Madden, Triple Play, Nascar, Tiger Woods, and NHL Hockey) Medal of Honor (both), and some classics.

AND..........the only games to have for xbox are the TOM CLANCY games. Nothing is as awesome as these. I could play for hours on end. Usually I play when the wife and kids are gone so they don't see me as a degenerate video game junkie (getting pissed and cryin' and moanin' about how the game cheats). I LOVE these types of games (plus they look good lined up next to my signed Tom Clancy hardback novels - Every book from Hunt for Red October - Teeth of the Tiger).

I can't get DSL where I'm at so we haven't tried xbox live yet, but when they do...............

'Kill confirmed'..........'scratch another one'......

M. Gipson :D

I have a Pachinko machine that was a Christmas present from my Dad in 1973 that I have set up in my basement that provides me hours of endless entertainment :p

It has lots of lights that operate on two D batteries :D

I would like to get either a PS2 or a XBOX. I've been swayed toward the XBOX by a few guys...oh and Ric too :p

There's no chance in hell of my wife letting me get any game system though. As it is I fish almost every weekend and waste my time talking to you bone heads everyday :p J/K I love you guys...all of you except Ric that is. Ha Ha that's twice in one post! O.K. it's almost 2:00 AM and I'm getting goofy, maybe it's time for bed.

Atari 2600
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Playstation II
Xbox

All currently working and connected somewhere in the house.

The Xbox gets the most love, the others are more for nostalgia value.

So who here is on Xbox Live? What's your gamertag? We can burn cigars and play games together at the same time! A virtual herf!