• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gawith

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
I'm a big fan of Squadron Leader and enjoy Virginia flake. Would someone recommend a Gawith tin that I can smoke with my morning coffee that won't fry my mouth?

The only Gawith blend other than Squadron Leader I've had with coffee is Chocolate Flake. It was a very good combination, but it may be a bit strong for a first thing in the AM smoke. Actually, knowing you it may not be. :laugh:

Don't be fooled by the name. It's not an aromatic doused in chocolate. The chocolate is barely there, but it is there enough. It's great with the CP coffee.

The blend that I'm singing the praises of lately is Robert McConnell's Scottish Flake. It's a basic red Va., no artificial anything that I can tell, and if you smoke it gently it won't fry you. Goes really well with coffee. I'll also second the Chocolate Flake reommendation; great stuff.

Might try Skiff Mixture if you are okay with a little Latakia in the morning. Some folks find it in the same vein as Dunhill EMP.

Not sure why it has to be a Gawith but Gawith Golden Glow is a tasty, mild VA I enjoy in the morning.

I also like burley blends early in the day. Carter Hall is one of my favorites! Nutty and no bite. Not "goopy", either.

Steve