• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Get a free cigar from my next box

Padron Londres - 5 votes (Box of 26 - Famous-Smokes.com $102. But I will check with Jim at Keystone first)
Padron 2000 - 3 votes
Padron 5000 - 1 vote
Tatuaje Little Monster - 2 votes (Box of 10 - TopQualityCigars.com $75.00 )

Buena Vista Edicion Limitada - Double Robusto - 2 votes (Box of 10 - ShopWiseGuys.com $79.00)
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Robusto -1 vote (5 pck - smokeinn.com $37.50)
La Flor Dominicana 452 Nattie - 1 vote (box of 20 - thecigarstore.com $96.00)
LFD Gran Maduro #5 1 vote (Singles - seriouscigars.com $7.90 each)
AF Double Chateau - 1 vote (Box of 20 - Famous-Smoke.com $105. I set the price point to make sure this stick was qualified)
Comacho Corojo Toro - Mad -
1 vote (5 pck naturals - famous-smoke.com $31.00)
Kristoff Churchill - 1 vote (5 pck - famous-smoke.com $40.00)
Ortega Series D - 1 vote (Izzy at Uptown had them for about $67 for box of 10)

Illusione Epernay Le Taureau -
1 vote (5 pck - atlanticcigars.com $52.50)

Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro - 1 Vote (15 sticks - owlearsmokeshop.org $90)

NOTE: Rather than continually posting replies, I'll edit this post to update, highlighting most recent changes in red.

I guess since you are not up for a challenge, I'll throw my hat in the Padron Londres ring, as well.

Please feel free to nominate a challenging cigar. I'm just tallying votes.

I've smoked two or three dozen different cigars in the last few weeks - most good but few standouts. I hadn't smoked a Padron for a couple of months but after reading the kudos for it in this thread, I pulled a Padron Churchill from my humidor last evening and lit up. I was quickly reminded why Padrons are such a favorite here at CP. Rich, complex, and voluminous smoke with varied wood, barnyard and burnt coffee tastes, sharp, even burn, respectable ash hang time and a draw so good you don't think about it. - what's not to like?

I did hear one criticism at a cigar last week. A smoker said that the Padrons taste the same, no matter the vito. I, however, think that is a strength. I like knowing that I can depend on consistent flavor and features when trying different sizes in a line.

Which brings up a question. Do you guys think the Londres are a better smoke, than say the Churchill, 4000 or 5000? If so, why?

Which brings up a question. Do you guys think the Londres are a better smoke, than say the Churchill, 4000 or 5000? If so, why?

For me it's the same reason I prefer any smaller ring guage cigar. Most of the time the wrapper leaf is the premier leaf in a cigar, and has the best flavor. Smaller ring guages really lets the wrapper leaf shine because it isn't as muted down with filler tobacco. Also the Londres are great for the times when a quicker smoke is needed, but can also provide you up to an hour of enjoyment depending on how fast you smoke. Lastly, price. They're cheaper.

And for all you jackasses lying to the poor guy about their being a Padron panatela......you've all clearly forgotten the first rule of the Padron Panatela Club....... :angry:

I'll recommend a challenger: Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro. You can buy a box of 10 for about $95.

Gotta say I'm feeling pretty good this morning as the one who first suggested the Londres. Though it's hard to go wrong with that particular stick.

For me it's the same reason I prefer any smaller ring guage cigar. Most of the time the wrapper leaf is the premier leaf in a cigar, and has the best flavor. Smaller ring guages really lets the wrapper leaf shine because it isn't as muted down with filler tobacco. Also the Londres are great for the times when a quicker smoke is needed, but can also provide you up to an hour of enjoyment depending on how fast you smoke. Lastly, price. They're cheaper.....

...this. Like I said, I've had boxes of most of the x000 series, and this most recent box of Londres just shines; they are really smoking great. These will be my "go to" stick in the x000 line unless something changes. That, and my last box of 3000's were just "...ok...".

I'll recommend a challenger: Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro. You can buy a box of 10 for about $95.

Like everything Oliva I've tried; last was serie g. FYI, I couldn't find the Serie V in stock but all the reviews I glanced at were top notch. Send us a source if you have one.

From Cigar Aficionado:

[background=rgb(250, 248, 220)]It’s impossible to exaggerate how well the Padrón family has done in our Top 25—three times the company has had a Cigar of the Year, and the Padróns have never failed to have a cigar in our top five. It’s an impressive show of consistency that no other company can claim.[/background]

Going with Padron 2000 when Keystone has a sale. For the buck, can't beat them.

Like everything Oliva I've tried; last was serie g. FYI, I couldn't find the Serie V in stock but all the reviews I glanced at were top notch. Send us a source if you have one.

Izzy carries them at Uptown Cigar, but according to his website he's currently out of stock. I've bought them from Federal Cigars, and it looks like they have them in stock.

I have to throw my vote in for the Little Monsters, just for the fun of having five different cigars in the box, and because they won't be around forever, and because they're really, really good. You'll hate yourself if you don't!

But y'know, you could get 15 Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills for not too much over that price point if you've got a good source, and I don't think you'd be disappointed.

~Boar

Not a Nice Person has a very good point. I will throw in the Little Monsters for the same reasons.

And next year we can talk about the next batch of limited smokes from Tat....

To IronPeddle, who has been consistently helpful since I joined CP, thanks for the story about your Uncle.

Thanks for the kind words Steve...my Uncle Nick was a really cool guy, always had a cigar in his mouth every time we saw him. His generosity, loyalty, and laid back way of life was an example for any man....the cigar smoking was secondary. But I'll always remember the cigar smell in his car and my Aunt yelling at him for smoking them in the house...:)...which never deterred him for a second! Different times back then!

Regardless of who wins, you and I will smoke one out of the box in his honor.

It would be my honor to share a cigar with you my friend!...thank you for the kind gesture. One thing though, we will have to share that cigar while talking on the phone and swapping stories! ;)

Little Monsters pull within striking distance

[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Padron Londres - [/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]5 votes[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] (Box of 26 - Famous-Smokes.com $102. But I will check with Jim at Keystone first)
Padron 2000 - 3 votes
Padron 5000 - 1 vote
Tatuaje Little Monster - 5 votes (Box of 10 - TopQualityCigars.com $75.00 )
[/background]

[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Buena Vista Edicion Limitada - Double Robusto -[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] 2 votes[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] (Box of 10 - ShopWiseGuys.com $79.00)
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Robusto -1 vote (5 pck - smokeinn.com $37.50)
La Flor Dominicana 452 Nattie - 1 vote (box of 20 - thecigarstore.com $96.00)
LFD Gran Maduro #5 1 vote (Singles - seriouscigars.com $7.90 each)
AF Double Chateau - 1 vote (Box of 20 - Famous-Smoke.com $105. I set the price point to make sure this stick was qualified)
Comacho Corojo Toro - Mad -1 vote (5 pck naturals - famous-smoke.com $31.00)
Kristoff Churchill - 1 vote (5 pck - famous-smoke.com $40.00)
Ortega Series D - 1 vote (Izzy at Uptown had them for about $67 for box of 10)
Illusione Epernay Le Taureau - [/background]
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]1 vote[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] (5 pck - atlanticcigars.com $52.50)[/background]
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro - [/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]1 Vote[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] [/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)](15 sticks - owlearsmokeshop.org $90)[/background]

Regardless of who wins, you and I will smoke one out of the box in his honor.

It would be my honor to share a cigar with you my friend!...thank you for the kind gesture. One thing though, we will have to share that cigar while talking on the phone and swapping stories! ;)

You bet. Looking forward to it.

I will tie this match up and say the Tatuaje Little Monsters as well!

Paul

[background=rgb(234,216,181)]Padron Londres - [/background][background=rgb(234,216,181)]5 votes[/background][background=rgb(234,216,181)] (Box of 26 - Famous-Smokes.com $102. But I will check with Jim at Keystone first)[/background]

FYI: Looked up the Padron Maduro Londres on TopQualityCigars.com and they sell their 26 count box for only $82.73