• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting hitched: ideas needed for cigars that could stand up to long a

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
I know this has been discussed before, but I figured with all the new releases and such, perhaps it would be best to refresh the list of suitable candidates. I'm getting married in October, and I'd like to purchase a box of smokes to keep special for celebrating the anniversary every year. Now, seeing as most boxes are between 20 and 25 cigars, that is a long time to age smokes. Which non Cubans would you fellas choose? Which ISOM's? Obviously the more robust smokes will age better, so give me some ideas.

Padron 2000, thought being that in 5 months the will age well and any one who occasionally will enjoy them, the left overs will contiue to age well. Get yourself a nice box for those who will enjoy them, and again you'll have some to enjoy later. Once join bank accounts, you'll need to answer to the Mrs on cigar purchases, as it's her money too at that point.

CC: H. Upmann Sir Winston or Mag 46

NC: Anejo 46 (isn't there a release around Fathers Day or is it only the holidays?)

*Edit: Congrats on getting hitched!

NCs

Illusione 88 Maduro
A. Fuente Anejo

CC

H. Upmann Mag 50 EL 2012
Montecristo #2

Congrats on the wedding, by the way!

Great presentation for the day of the event (for the serious cigar smokers), travels well in the tuxedo pocket, and enjoyable on your anniversaries down the road : Cohiba Siglo IV A/T tubos

If you have the budget Opus our Anejo. Otherwise something Pepin or Litto. The stronger sticks will age better long term.

Cuban wise you can't go wrong with Upmann, Partags, or Juan Lopez.

These cigars won't be for the bridal party, they are getting rebanded Avo Classic #2 tubos, the bands being done with the wedding info. The cigars in question will be for my own consumption every year to celebrate another year. :). So these cigars need to be able to stand up to a decent amount of age, like 20+ years depending on the amount in the box.

Thanks all for the congratulations! :)

Hmm, Opus would stand the age well, though that is some serious coin.

Sir Winston's would be my first choice followed by 2011 LE Ramon Allones - Allones Extra.

Jason

Congrats on your journey together, Charles!

The 10 ct. Box of Siglo VI for cc's

Davidoff Millenium lonsdale for nc's, although (iirc) are sold in 25 ct. boxes.

Anejos would be great
What about LFD double ligeros or some Ashton VSGs?

VSG's would be nice! Good idea, that's going on the list!

Congrats to you and your lady! You seem like a great match.

So not to thread jack but how long can you age a box of cigars? 20 years?

Anejos would be great
What about LFD double ligeros or some Ashton VSGs?

I was thinking about these two myself -- these are two robust smokes that are perfect for aging. Another cigar that might be suitable - a Tat Cojonu.

Congratulations! :)

So not to thread jack but how long can you age a box of cigars? 20 years?

It depends. Some smokes take long age better than others. Milder cigars will temper and mellow with age just like stronger ones, but will peak faster. Stronger cigars will take longer to peak, and therefore benefit more from long aging. Smokes like the Padron X000 series will age very nicely for a while, whereas the 1926 line I've heard peaks at about four years, if I remember correctly. I believe Alan was the one that mentioned that.