• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Rid of the Smoke Smell?

Zach

Addicted to race cars
Well, i took a chance and smoked a cigar inside my apartment near a cracked window. A day and a half later and it still smells like smoke... :( :angry: How do i get this smell out? Or do i have to wait it out for a long while?

-Zach

Search, and ye shall find. There are other threads on this topic as well (I am sure, although not neccessarily in Cigar Discussion forum). Search for "smell", "indoor", "odor", etc.

I once made the mistake of smoking a cigar in my fully carpeted office. It took about 2 weeks of deodorizing/vacuuming, a half bottle of Febreze, and lots of air circulation. The smell will leave but it just takes some time.

Well, i took a chance and smoked a cigar inside my apartment near a cracked window. A day and a half later and it still smells like smoke... :( :angry: How do i get this smell out? Or do i have to wait it out for a long while?

-Zach

Why would you want to??? :rolleyes:

-Zach

I'm guessing no smoking clause in lease.

It will take some time and effort. You can go the febreeze route or there is some other stuff that has been mentioned in previous threads. You could also rent one of those carpet cleaners and thoroughly clean the carpet with an enzymatic cleaner. Depending on how close to the window you were it can be all over. In the window treatments, on the walls, on the ceiling. The smoke goes everywhere.

Take a dump in the middle of your apt., you won't smell the smoke anymore.

-Zach

I'm guessing no smoking clause in lease.

It will take some time and effort. You can go the febreeze route or there is some other stuff that has been mentioned in previous threads. You could also rent one of those carpet cleaners and thoroughly clean the carpet with an enzymatic cleaner. Depending on how close to the window you were it can be all over. In the window treatments, on the walls, on the ceiling. The smoke goes everywhere.

Yeah, actually the whole building is non-smoking. We were sitting right next to the cracked window, albeit it was right above us. Its a loft style apt so the entire ceiling and the ext. walls are concrete and brick, but hte whole place is carpeted. I might have to rent a carpet cleaner. :(

Search, and ye shall find. There are other threads on this topic as well (I am sure, although not neccessarily in Cigar Discussion forum). Search for "smell", "indoor", "odor", etc.
Well i am a cigar smoker to and i smoke inside and i love the thick smell of cigars on everything so if you are a cigar smoker you need to live with it man..

Can anyone say Lampe Berger? I have one of these and it will make your place smell like whatever you want in an hour.
they seam pretty cool looking but I've never seen those things before. Do they really work long time or only for a short period of time after the wick burnt.

Can anyone say Lampe Berger? I have one of these and it will make your place smell like whatever you want in an hour.
they seam pretty cool looking but I've never seen those things before. Do they really work long time or only for a short period of time after the wick burnt.
They will work for a long time. Just fill it about half way with the oil of choice. Then you light the ceramic disc and let that flame up until the ceramic turns a charcoal grey. Blow it out and put the safety cage on top and let it roll. You can burn it for as long as you like (until you run out of oil of course). I have had mine on for hours at a time at it is very potent. The scent will linger and neutralize the other odors in your space, so the effects are long lasting.