• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Started?

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
I need an existing Pass to get invovled in. Anyone have an opening for me? ???

Why don't you think of something creative and start one...That way people will see you are serious about passing and join. It will also give you the opportunity to introduce yourself to other members.

Emo

:sign:

No offense here but I would not recommend starting a pass here shortly after signing up. I doubt you would get many to join. Again, no offense......

If you spend some time around here and participate in other passes as they come up you will establish yourself and get aquianted with the do's and don't's. There are plenty of other area's of the board to chime in on and become involved. Hang around and post up.... get to know everybody..... Read all the rules and previous passes.

You'll soon find yourself doing the pee pee dance, joining an alliance, and building bunkers in your backyard.....  ;)

BTW, Welcome Beast!

Hmmmm, maybe my logic is sdrawkcab...I would think that I would be weary of handing off a pass to someone who wasn't passed before. I'd worry that he would keep the package and not send it off, or that he would put a bunch of rockets for his pass. Also, by him initiating the pass, you could get a feel for what he is willing to pass.
I started a pass without having been in one here, and got a pretty decent response. Granted, not the response that a seasoned veteran would get, but sastifying none the less. Either way, if you start one with a creative theme, I'll join.
:thumbs:
Emo

I can agree with that Emo.....

Allowing a newbie to join a pass is a judgement call on the originator IMO. Usually is required to provide a phone # (Which should be verified), making them the first passer, and there are a few other precautions. You are correct about the concern of a newbie "heisting" a pass. I would have to feel very comfortable in who this individual was. (and there are ways to verify the legitimacy of someone)

I was looking at the fact that this individual had one post. I sure hope we see him again..... :)

Well it's nice to see everyone is of the same opinion on this topic.LMAO. Well since no one is in agreement of how this should work, I guess I'll just hang around until someone deems me worthy and or safe to join a pass. If my impatience gets the best of me, I'll have to just start one of my own. Either way I'm getting involved. Thanks for the responses. It's nice to know this is taken seriously. Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

I agree withh all of us though. Post away in the topics that interest you. I haven't been onboard long, but I do enjoy interacting with the other passers in different topic discussions.

Emo

Agreed. A 'newbie' would be welcome to start a new pass of his/her own. Heck, we need more passes round here since that is the basis of this site. But to add a 'newbie' fresh off the truck to an exsisting pass is risky to say the least.

The 'Hands Across America' pass got me started in all of this and very nearly got hijacked by someone I've never even heard of. Was it not for someone personally stepping in and handling the matter, in person, in Tucson, I feel this would would have been permanantly hijacked. (BTW, the excuses given on that matter were completely bogus IMHO).

You've got some Kahonas Beast to want to step into a pass already in existance without give ANY type of info in your 'profile'.

Feel free to start one of your own though. :p

Sure hope we didn't give you the wrong impression here. You are more than welcome to jump in here feet first. The rules are very well spelled out in "Rules of a Pass". Should you decide to attempt one it would be advisable to read that first. Also let me say that I am in no way a spokesperson for Cigar Pass which is why I try to use IMO often. :)

Hanging around and posting up is good. IMO it gives people a chance to see who you are and if you will be around in a month or 2 from now. A lot of people come on here with very good intentions but quickly loose interest and disappear. No one should take offense of their newbie status being subject to scutinizing. We all were at one time or another   ;)

Again welcome aboard Beast!

Beast, first welcome to CP.

Everything everyone has said is good info. Take some time, if you have not already, to read the various threads and posts to get a feel for the board. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them either on the board or by sending a message to one of us FOGs. We are more than willing to help out newcomers to the site. The more the merrier!

There is a little lull in new passes, but that will change as some of the current passes are coming to an end.

Again, welcome to CP. :thumbs:

Welcome to the best site on the Internet Beast,
You will get in a pass, I am sure of it.
:D

Welcome Beast!

As previously posted, just stick around and some passes will come around.

JerryG
(still a newbie at heart)

Welcome aboard Beast!

Stick around and you'll probably get hooked on our community. We're definately one of a kind, very friendly. If this is what you're looking for, than you're in the right place.

Rod :thumbs:

Now you're talkin'!

I'm getting ready to do one in the near future as well!

Just want to start with a little variety, ya know.

I highly recommend Dave's passes for first timers! He will leadeth you into green pastures.....

LOL

Leebo

BTW Shadow...

What is a FOG (as in "ask any of us FOG's") that you mention in a previous post on this thread?

JerryG