• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Crossin' our fingers and knockin' on wood.

USPS service has taken a dive. :(

Jonesy said:
ATTENTION!

Inside to pass box is a cigar list. Each cigar that is on the list has the price that has been figured for it, next to it. When you do your puts and get your pricing done, make sure you put the average price of the cigar next to it so the people behind you don't have to do the work all over again. For your takes, just use that price, no extra price searching is necessary. 
Is there an electronic version of the price list that we can see ahead of time or do we need to wait until we receive the pass to figure out puts and takes?

No, Tom, you have to be patient. :)

Brian just wants to make really, really, sure we understand how to price the pass cigars. Because so few responded to his post outside of some wiseass - wait that was me. :p

llwydtp said:
ATTENTION!

Inside to pass box is a cigar list. Each cigar that is on the list has the price that has been figured for it, next to it. When you do your puts and get your pricing done, make sure you put the average price of the cigar next to it so the people behind you don't have to do the work all over again. For your takes, just use that price, no extra price searching is necessary. 
Is there an electronic version of the price list that we can see ahead of time or do we need to wait until we receive the pass to figure out puts and takes?
Tom,
I'm taking everyone's prices that were calculated & putting them in an Excel sheet, then formulating the range for each cigar, based on price. I'm also getting a price for some of my sticks. That way, when the pass arrives at my doorstep, it'll make it easier for me to get my P & T's together & send the pass on down the line.

Wow, Theron, that's very industrious. Cool!

Hey everyone-pass finally arrived today. Just got home though and had just a quick chance to peek in and make sure everything was in order. First glance says all looks good. I'll have a better opportunity to delve into it tomorrow evening.

I think it's time we moved this Pass thread from "Open Cigar Passes" to "Cigar Passes in Progress"... :thumbs:

Because we're....

OpenforBusiness_zps9cae4307.jpg

Here's a question regarding pricing: what price does one use if one or more, but not all pricing sources have a particular cigar on sale?

Two or more regular prices are a trend but the pass has consensus rule, correct?

Edit to add: Consensus means all questions are posted and agreed upon.

Slick300 said:
Here's a question regarding pricing: what price does one use if one or more, but not all pricing sources have a particular cigar on sale?
You use the sources given in the OP regardless of price then average them out.

Slick300 said:

Jonesy said:

Brian, I think he meant what to do if the cigar is on a temporary, lower priced sale. I'd look to the other sources where they weren't on sale and go from there.

Between the 5 sources listed, there should be 3 that have the cigars at their regular prices....if not, bring it up here and we'll discuss it. :thumbs:  

That's what I've read in other passes. If there's ever a value question you just pose it and let the other members of the pass chime in.

But like Gary and Brian intimated, the chances of that are slim in this pass.

ironpeddler said:

Jonesy said:

Brian, I think he meant what to do if the cigar is on a temporary, lower priced sale. I'd look to the other sources where they weren't on sale and go from there.

Between the 5 sources listed, there should be 3 that have the cigars at their regular prices....if not, bring it up here and we'll discuss it. :thumbs:  

That's it Gary. I didn't interpret the question very well. You should always use the primary 3 sources first and if one of them has a sale going on, then use one of the other 2.

[SIZE=10pt]Hello All-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Here are my proposed Ps and Ts:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1)  P:  Rocky Patel HR500 (toro)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                CI:  $168/20 = $8.40[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Serious:  $220/20 = $11.00[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Famous: $ 220/20 = $11.00[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     Average = ($8.40+$11.00+$11.00)/3 = $10.13[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]     Acceptable range = $9.12 - $11.15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     T:   LFT Capitulo II @ $9.63[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2)  P:  LG Diez (Lusitano)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Smoke Inn: $ 276/24 = $11.50[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Holt’s:  $265/24 = $11.04[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Famous: $261/24 = $10.88[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     Average = ($11.50+$11.04+$10.88)/3 = $11.14[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]     Acceptable range = $10.03 - $12.25[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     T:  PAM Monarca @ $11.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]3)  P:  Leccia Black (XO)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Smoke Inn:  $175/21 = $8.33[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                CI:  $175/21 = $8.33[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Serious:  $175/21 = $8.33[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     Average = ($8.33+$8.33+$8.33)/3 = $8.33[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]     Acceptable range = $7.92 - $8.75[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     T:  Illusione ~2~ @ $8.36[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]4)  P:  Kristoff Maduro (churchill)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Smoke Inn:  $137/20 = $6.85[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                Holt’s:  $144/20 = $7.20[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]                CI:  $149/20 = $7.45[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     Average = ($6.85+$7.20+$7.45)/3 = $7.17[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]     Acceptable range = $6.81 - $7.53[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]     T:  La Jugado Belicoso @ $7.48[/SIZE]

4)  P:  Kristoff Maduro Ligero (churchill)
                Smoke Inn:  $137/20 = $6.85
                Holt's:  $156/20 = $7.80
                CI:  $162/20 = $8.10

Average = ($6.85+$7.80+$8.10)/3 = $7.58
    Acceptable range = $7.20 - $7.96

T:   La Jugada Belicoso @ $7.48

[SIZE=10pt]Assuming these are all good, I’ll expect the pass to ship on Wednesday.  Got a little delay in due to late receipt and the holiday tomorrow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]ETA correction of #4 put to Kristoff Maduro Ligero rather than regular Kristoff Maduro.  Value changes slightly with correction, but take remains the same.[/SIZE]