• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Jonesy, gotcha, and I think this helped me figure out part of my confusion:

For me, by allowing large price jumps that do not allow for re-trades, it makes it more challenging to decipher what was an allowed trade due to stick's rarity (which we have defined as a more subjective call)--I would assume that would permit a retrade--and what was a value-increase approved trade.

Jonesy, gotcha, and I think this helped me figure out part of my confusion:

For me, by allowing large price jumps that do not allow for re-trades, it makes it more challenging to decipher what was an allowed trade due to stick's rarity (which we have defined as a more subjective call)--I would assume that would permit a retrade--and what was a value-increase approved trade.
When you're dealing in a rare for rare cigar, you always go by MSRP unless one of the cigars in question has significant age on it, then it become a host call on what can be traded for it. For example, there are very few cigars that I would allow for one of my Padron Milleniums.... OR Opus, OR Anejo, or a Maduro Opus. This is an example of where a pass host has unconditional say in a trade no matter who speaks up.

BTW, I forgot to mention in one of my other posts, just because you're $2 over on a trade doesn't mean you can be $.75 under on another. This is something that a lot of people that have never been in a pass before don't understand.....you can't diminish value on one trade because you think you made a generous trade on a different cigar.

Keep the questions coming, this is what I like! :thumbs:

No box from Akron arrived at my doorstep today...I usually avoid boxes from Akron but I will make an exception for this one...I suppose that Breedy is correct and it will arrive here on Wednesday. My office is not even close to being near my house so it will be Thursday before I can get this back out to you Jonesy.

Just as a side note, I wanted to make sure that this is okay:

1) T: #93 AF Anejo #50M ($8.00) - P: #101 Fuente Fuente Opus X Power Ranger ($9.25)

I would feel better about this put and take because I do not consider the damage to the Anejo to be worth considering at all.

No box from Akron arrived at my doorstep today...I usually avoid boxes from Akron but I will make an exception for this one...I suppose that Breedy is correct and it will arrive here on Wednesday. My office is not even close to being near my house so it will be Thursday before I can get this back out to you Jonesy.

1) T: #93 AF Anejo #50M ($8.00) - P: #101 Fuente Fuente Opus X Power Ranger ($9.25)

I would feel better about this put and take because I do not consider the damage to the Anejo to be worth considering at all.
That looks good Stu!

By the way people, I'm redirecting the pass back to me so I can change out the box, trade the pillows for beads (don't know why I didn't start out with these :rolleyes: ), and do a mid point inspection of everything else. The cigars will go into my cabinet to stabilize for a week and then I'll send it on to Whopper on Monday Nov. 3rd.

That looks good Stu!

By the way people, I'm redirecting the pass back to me so I can change out the box, trade the pillows for beads (don't know why I didn't start out with these :rolleyes: ), and do a mid point inspection of everything else. The cigars will go into my cabinet to stabilize for a week and then I'll send it on to Whopper on Monday Nov. 3rd.

That sound's good Jonesy. That gives me more time to plan my attack. ;)

The package arrived on my doorstep today. After wiping off some mysterious Akron sludge from the exterior of the box, I found all cigars present and accounted for with no major damage beyond the anejo mentioned earlier. I should be able to get this thing out of here tomorrow and on its way to Jonesy for maintenance. :thumbs:

The package arrived on my doorstep today. After wiping off some mysterious Akron sludge from the exterior of the box, I found all cigars present and accounted for with no major damage beyond the anejo mentioned earlier. I should be able to get this thing out of here tomorrow and on its way to Jonesy for maintenance. :thumbs:

Sludge...well what can I say, I got pretty excited!!!

Stu,

Your first put is labeled as # 101. I don't see a # 100 on the master list. Is there a # 100 ?

Stu,

Your first put is labeled as # 101. I don't see a # 100 on the master list. Is there a # 100 ?

I think I see what happened. Breedy's put labeled #100 was disallowed and apparently he did not replace it with another. Stu, I believe your put's should start with # 100 and proceed so on. Someone else let me know if this is looking right.

Thanks.

I don't know what y'all are talking about....there's a #100 on the master list in the first post! :rolleyes:

Good looking out guys, I totally missed that one since it was a re-do and in a different post. :thumbs:

I don't know what y'all are talking about....there's a #100 on the master list in the first post! :rolleyes:

Good looking out guys, I totally missed that one since it was a re-do and in a different post. :thumbs:

Thanks I didn't see the re-do post. I should have known that a lawyer wouldn't have the numbers wrong. Sorry Stu. :blush:

A theoretical question...is a culebra considered one or three cigars? While it is three separate sticks bound together in one package I would still think it would count just as one for pass purposes. Is this correct?

well that was a lot of reading to catch up on. i glad the question's have come up and that our fearless leader was able to give us clear answers. Sorry fella's that i was not around to give 100% participation to the contest but i will do so now just for fun
he has a full body coverage of tattoo's so i would count it as one and he weighs 423lbs

i kid i kid

Thanks I didn't see the re-do post. I should have known that a lawyer wouldn't have the numbers wrong. Sorry Stu. :blush:

Bill, I will send you a bill for my time spent in reviewing the matter for you. :D

A theoretical question...is a culebra considered one or three cigars? While it is three separate sticks bound together in one package I would still think it would count just as one for pass purposes. Is this correct?

I asked this earlier in the pass, I believe the answer is that the point of a culebra is to break it apart and share it with friends, so it's counted as a single stick not the three parts.

I asked this earlier in the pass, I believe the answer is that the point of a culebra is to break it apart and share it with friends, so it's counted as a single stick not the three parts.
Absolutely! A culebra in no circumstance should be split up to be put in a pass. It really needs to be in the coffin it came in also and since there are no ISOM's in this pass, it would have to be an LFD, Davidoff, or Illusione (which I don't know if it's coffined or not) Culebra. Because if anyone puts a Drew Estates Medusa in my pass, I'll personally come to your house and kick your ass! :laugh:

Absolutely! A culebra in no circumstance should be split up to be put in a pass. It really needs to be in the coffin it came in also and since there are no ISOM's in this pass, it would have to be an LFD, Davidoff, or Illusione (which I don't know if it's coffined or not) Culebra. Because if anyone puts a Drew Estates Medusa in my pass, I'll personally come to your house and kick your ass! :laugh:

Thanks for validating my theory. I apologize for not researching the earlier posts to see if this question had come up. I must have missed it during the earlier going. To clarify, my question was not aimed at determining if the culebra should be split up to place in a pass but rather if the intact entity counted as three sticks since it is, in fact, three sticks. I understand what the concept behind the culebra is and would never separate one until I was in the circumstance of being able to share it with two comrades. The question was theoretical since I currently do not own any culebrae (culebra's?...not sure what the plural should be).

Because if anyone puts a Drew Estates Medusa in my pass, I'll personally come to your house and kick your ass! :laugh:

If you need help in the assault, let me know...I will be there!!! :thumbs:

The pass box is on its way to Jonesy...pm sent with tracking number....

Ok so here's my initial thoughts on my P/T's:

P: 107 - Anejo 49 ($9.50)..................................... T: 101 - OpusX xXx Power Ranger ($9.25)
P: 108 - Padron 1926 Serie #35 Maduro ($11.00)... T: 81 - LFD Outlaw '08 ($11.00)
P: 109 - Hemingway Classic Maduro ($7.25)......... T: 7 - Hemingway Classic Natural ($7.25)
P: 110 - Hemingway Signature Maduro ($6.50)..... T: 8 - Hemingway Signature Natural ($6.50)
P: 111 - Work of Art Maduro ($7.35)...................... T: 69 - Work of Art Natural ($7.35)
P: 112 - LFD Limitado III ($8.00)........................... T: 12 - Ashton Aged Maduro #50 ($7.97)
P: 113 - Anejo 48 ($8.75)..................................... T: 80 - OpusX Perfecxion #5 ($8.00)

Just wanted to throw it out there before I left for the weekend so you all would have a target to shoot at the next few days! :thumbs:

P: 109 - Hemingway Classic Maduro ($7.25)......... T: 7 - Hemingway Classic Natural ($7.25)
P: 110 - Hemingway Signature Maduro ($6.50)..... T: 8 - Hemingway Signature Natural ($6.50)
P: 111 - Work of Art Maduro ($7.35)...................... T: 69 - Work of Art Natural ($7.35)

Are you growing your own Hemingway maduro or something? :laugh: