• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ghost Chicken bites

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I don't know about where you live but skinless boneless chicken has been going on sale here for less than wings. Here is my recipe for spicy chicken bites and it will work for wings too if you want to be traditional.

You'll need:
Seasoning salt
Crushed Red Pepper flakes
Black pepper
Cayenne pepper (for regular heat)
Habanero pepper (for extra hot)
Ghost pepper (for really hot)
Poultry Seasoning
Eggs
Hot sauce (just the regular Frank's or Crystal since the heat will come from the peppers above)
Flour
Oil for frying
4lbs skinless boneless chicken
9 x 16 baking dish

Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes

In a bowl mix :
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
2 tablespoons black pepper (I use course grind but fine will work)
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes

4 tablespoons Cayenne pepper (for regular heat)
or
2 tablespoons Cayenne and 2 tablespoons Habanero (for extra hot)
or
2 tablespoons Cayenne 1 tablespoon Habanero and 1 tablespoon Ghost pepper ( for REALLY hot)
stir
Take out 4 tablespoons of the dry mixture and put aside

add
4 tablespoons Hot sauce
4 regular eggs
mix well

Put cut chicken in the baking dish and pour above mixture over it mixing thoroughly

Cover and place dish with chicken mixture in fridge for at least an hour, preferably overnight.

In a larger bowl we'll make the batter mixture.

4 cups flour
1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt

Take the chicken pieces out of the liquid seasoning mixture and coat with the flour mixture. Fry for 3-4 minutes in 350 degree oil. Cooking time will depend on size of pieces, 3:30 seems to work for me. For wings cook for 8 minutes.

Use a squeeze bottle of your favorite blue cheese or ranch dressing to garnish the cooked chicken, dust with the spice mixture that was put to the side. For people who like "wet" bites or wings you can drizzle hot sauce on the chicken before the blue cheese.

Seriously good - guaranteed.

This may be a Super Bowl appetizer. When you speak of "skinless boneless chicken"...thighs or breasts? I tend to use the thighs when I want more tender, juicy chicken....breasts when I want a meat that stands up to the heat of longer baking/frying/grilling.

I use breasts for this, never tried thighs but they should work too.

I may try it with thighs. I make something called "Chicken Panic". Not really similar, but this reminded me I hadn't made it in far too long. Think I"ll try this first, though. My son is starting to like "zingy" food, and blue cheese.

You can cut the recipe in half easily enough if you just want to try it out.

I may try it with thighs. I make something called "Chicken Panic". Not really similar, but this reminded me I hadn't made it in far too long. Think I"ll try this first, though. My son is starting to like "zingy" food, and blue cheese.

This may be a Super Bowl appetizer. When you speak of "skinless boneless chicken"...thighs or breasts? I tend to use the thighs when I want more tender, juicy chicken....breasts when I want a meat that stands up to the heat of longer baking/frying/grilling.
I'm a breast man myself, but a couple of juicy thighs sound damn good as well...

Last edited: