• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gift Wrapping Problems...

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
I just got home from shopping in the zoo (AKA Local Mall) and I think I got about 1/2 of my gift shopping done for now. Now, I sit at home, smoking an H. Upmann (thanks Grapes), and trying to figure out:

How the F*** are men supposed to wrap these things?!?!

Anybody have any ideas on wrapping techniques? Or perhaps a funny wrapping story? I about ready to just burn up everything I just dumped money on, because it's a bitch to wrap them. Why can't I put everything in USPS Priority Mail boxes and hand them to the wife?? :laugh: :laugh:

They don't have customer service at the mall that wraps for you? Stupid California...

They don't have customer service at the mall that wraps for you? Stupid California...

Only at like, Macy's I think. I asked for a gift-wrapped thingy at the Disney Store, and the hot chick at the front counter handed me a "put it together yourself" cardboard box with Winnie the Pooh taking a crap in his honey pot... For a $20 dollar stuffed animal, you'd think it'd come with laser beams or something...

I think they created "gift bags" for guys like us! Try your local pharmacy.

I would do that Robbie, except the Wife works AT a Pharmacy! And her heart would drop if she saw a bunch of gift bags. I will definitely be doing this method for friends though, so thank you!

Why can't I put everything in USPS Priority Mail boxes and hand them to the wife?? :laugh: :laugh:

That should work - and it's free if you've planned ahead and ordered supplies... :whistling: :laugh:

Add a few stick-on bows and you're good to go - it even has that handy dandy rip chords for easy opening!

My wifey does the shopping & wrapping (she's actually wrapping stuff now as we speak, giving me dirty looks as I surf the web while she works :D ). I only have to wrap her stuff - which usually ends up in those gift bags.

Use your Latin charm and get a woman to do it for you. My Italian charm works every time. Whatsa matter, got no mojo?

Doc.

Flex your pimp hand, hand her the "package", point at her when she looks at it and say "BOOYAH!".

She'll know what to do ;)

C'mon, dude, find your inner Chuck. He's in there.

or, have another woman you know wrap them. Whichever works better for you.

Souldoggie! Didn't you ever go to camp . . . boot, Scouts, academy, anything?

Hospital corners, bro. Same principle.

Failing that, gift bags or gift boxes---I had to break down and go to MaoMart yesterday to find a roll of foil gift wrap that was both wide enough and long enough to decorate my classroom door (don't ask. first time ever.) and they had a display of cool gift boxes in different sizes and colors. World Market has 'em too.

Stick a fancy damn bow on something like that, look like a hero. :cool:

~Boar

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box

Step 2: Put your

Nevermind. :whistling:

I once bought a gift that had some sort of complex packaging to it. After a couple of times of messing up with the wrapping paper, I laid the gift down in some foil and then squeezed the foil together. Worked like a charm!!

Duck Tape! It's great for wrapping gifts. It can accommodate most any shape or size gift. If you don't want sticky gifts, wrap them in cellophane, like cling wrap. Your gifts will not only be wrapped but are close to water resistant and protected from minor abrasions. I've done if for various girl friends, family members and my wife. It is especially fun if it is under some of the weakling wrap that looks cute. Just have a knife of sorts handy for the "unwrapping". And here you thought duck tape was only for fixing your car. :sign:

Spad, Nasty, Boar, and Smokin', you guys are the front-runners on this thread for "Funniest Gift Wrapping Technique/Story!"

Keep em' coming boys! And Boar, I like it, I need to go get some bows to "look like a damn hero!" :laugh:

Grab a bunch of newspaper, a roll of duct tape, and a little patience. Just tape pieces of newspaper to the box until it is covered. Being a man, you can get away with it and the girls usually think it's cute that you "tried". Haha.

Perhaps this is to your fancy:

gift-wrap-2007-blog.jpg

Here's my method: If it's not for my wife, I have her wrap it. If it is for my wife, I drive to my parents' house and have my Mom wrap it. Works every time.

How the F*** are men supposed to wrap these things?!?!

Anybody have any ideas on wrapping techniques? Or perhaps a funny wrapping story? I about ready to just burn up everything I just dumped money on, because it's a bitch to wrap them. Why can't I put everything in USPS Priority Mail boxes and hand them to the wife?? :laugh: :laugh:

Learn origami... the masters are always men, for some reason.

That, or put it in a bag, stick a bow on it, and call it a day. ;)

1) Drive to dollar store.
2) Purchase bag of of bows.
3) Purchase trash bags.

Connect the dots.